During the spring when trolling with spoons off your planner boards what size weight and how far in front dose everyone run them Thanks
I run them a couple different ways. If I'm running a spoon program I run 2 off the riggers and 2 off slide divers. If you want to run inline boards imo the easiest way would be the 50-50 snap weight method. Screenshot_20190108-171227_Gallery.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Just a couple of split shot just above the leader swivel.

x2, I like to keep them just under water when in close (less than 20'). I prefer to run big boards over inline for spring fishing.

Always have a rigger in the water too.

• 3 weeks later...

I tie my mainline to leader barrel swivel and leave a long tag line so I am pinching my split shot on the tag. This is done so I don’t weaken the mainline from pinching the the shot or if I snag bottom, the split shot can be pulled off the end of the tag to free the line. 

• Like 1

For spring browns in close ( 20 FOW or less ) I use my big boards and anywhere form 1/8 oz to 1-1/2 oz of weight. I also set my riggers at 6 feet down and 100 to 120 out. Don’t be afraid to run some sticks in the spring either. I catch about 30 % of my spring fish on sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I use leadcore for my spoons in the spring, 1-3 colors will get you the depth you want. Then just clip your backing onto your inline boards. I have run clip-on weights before but I don't like adding more things I have to un-clip while fighting a fish. Found it to be much easier to just use leadcore with a Sam's Pro release on the front of the inline board.