Made this one this summer for my boat edging is a pvc trim board sold at Lowe’s  to make edging . I found using a Kevlar mesh glove gives a good grip of fish with non knife hand still though it can be interesting in 2-3’ seas easily removable and stored on roof of boat when not in useB09D98CD-CE5D-4BD4-AA2C-5B7BD2AA66EB.thumb.jpeg.44269769e6183cc32112c3c1bdf83e76.jpeg

0C2B238F-A4E4-4546-95ED-FC3006B3A89D.jpeg

E96AEECF-4562-4C70-AFCF-FCC9971DABA6.jpeg

• Like 1

FYI,  I am sure everyone knows this but by law it is illegal to cut, dismember, fillet, & skin (skin needs to be left on) many species of fish on the water so that the species & total lengh of the fish cannot be determined.  Some species may be gilled & gutted only.  This can be seen on pg. 52 of the 2018-19 fresh water fishing Reg. guide.(middle of the pg.)

I was told by 2 different guides when I mentioned that law that is was legal to fillet and take the skin off.. The book says no, 2 guides in different lakes say yes. 

I didn't make my table, but last weekend I made a custom swiveling/sliding/removable mount with a V-lock mount and a swivel downrigger mount. I can slide it side to side and/or swivel it into different positions for better access to my fish box. Haven't used it yet, but it should be sweet...

39120.jpeg

39121.jpeg

39122.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tyee II said:

I didn't make my table, but last weekend I made a custom swiveling/sliding/removable mount with a V-lock mount and a swivel downrigger mount. I can slide it side to side and/or swivel it into different positions for better access to my fish box. Haven't used it yet, but it should be sweet...

39120.jpeg

39121.jpeg

39122.jpeg

You win. Thats the best mounting system I have seen yet!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Legacy said:

You win. Thats the best mounting system I have seen yet!

Thanks! I made it for much cheaper than expected thanks to the LOU classifieds and member LakerTaker. I bought the swivel from him and it turned out he had everything I needed to build my mount except the table and the V-lock mount, and he gave me great deals on it all.

Thanks again David (LakerTaker), and thanks LOU!!

16 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Love mine. I have info for ya. Me, jeremy, matt and rick have these.20180810_192048.jpeg

Silverfoxcharters.net

Hey Scotty, do you clean the fish with the cleaning board hanging over the side like that with the rod holders in the deployed position? Because I've been reluctant to pull the trigger, figuring that spraying the floor was better than trying to get blood off the transom, gunnel, rod holders, motor, or anything else above deck, which gets swabbed anyway. Your setup seems to circumvent the problem though.

Gator... I've been using the same fillet table ... I have it hang over the side and I angle it slightly so the blood and parts drain right into the water. Side of the boat gets minimal blood... I check every time...
The board is worth every penny...
https://www.deepbluemarine.com/

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Attached is a pic of the pvc cleaning table I made for my boat.  It sets on my perpendicular 4 Traxstech rod holders and is held in place by a bungie under the rod holders and the lip of the front moulding.  My boat has an under the gunnel rod rack and it stored standing up in that area.  I haven't done any on the water cleaning recently so if someone thought it could work them just PM me and I'd likely let it go.  Board worked fine-just had to wash down side of boat and rod holders if blood spilled.   

IMG_0360.JPG

• Like 3

Hey Scotty, do you clean the fish with the cleaning board hanging over the side like that with the rod holders in the deployed position? Because I've been reluctant to pull the trigger, figuring that spraying the floor was better than trying to get blood off the transom, gunnel, rod holders, motor, or anything else above deck, which gets swabbed anyway. Your setup seems to circumvent the problem though.
Yes, the blood runs out the corners into the water. No more blood and guts all over the place except for netted fish. Best investment other than the auto pilot.

Silverfoxcharters.net