On 1/11/2019 at 2:31 PM, Silver Fox said:

Love mine. I have info for ya. Me, jeremy, matt and rick have these.20180810_192048.jpeg

Silverfoxcharters.net

Well.. give up the info. Get me a link! What are you using to mount it?

I will post for Matt and Scott, who both sent me the same links. Awesome guys, and thanks.

Fillet board is Deep Blue 40" board without drawer. At Tackle Direct: https://www.tackledirect.com/deep-blue-ftb-40-large-boat-fillet-table.html it's $179

Rod holder mounts are Magma Levelock Adjustable Rod Holder Mount MAG-T10-355. I bought mine through Wholesale Marine, but they run ~$70 apiece and are available lots of places. You want two of them.

• Like 1

I will post for Matt and Scott, who both sent me the same links. Awesome guys, and thanks.

Fillet board is Deep Blue 40" board without drawer. At Tackle Direct: https://www.tackledirect.com/deep-blue-ftb-40-large-boat-fillet-table.html it's $179

Rod holder mounts are Magma Levelock Adjustable Rod Holder Mount MAG-T10-355. I bought mine through Wholesale Marine, but they run ~$70 apiece and are available lots of places. You want two of them.

Also the magma mounts I purchased in July for $58 on Amazon, BUT are now $68. I'm sure the price will move again. Also if anyone would like to see how mine is mounted so the water and blood flow out to the lake, let me know. My rig is in a barn in Webster.

Silverfoxcharters.net

Deep Blue will custom make any size board for you if you go to them direct. I wanted something deeper and wider than what they offered. I'm going on 6/7 years with mine, and I do the same thing Scott does with the Magma mounts in my rod holders.

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

I'm assuming you guys are using two mounts on your board???

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes

1 hour ago, emtystringer said:

What  are the best measurements do you find to filet salmon 

I wanted something wider than 40" as some salmon in Lake O get to 42". I also wanted something deep so I could flip a fillet over and have room to do the other side. I want to say I went 44" wide and 22" deep, but don't quote me. It was a while ago. The nice thing about the space is when carving smaller fish you can stack fillets off to the side and do the trimmings when you're done.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Alumacraft205 said:

Is it ok to discard fish in lake or do you have to take it to shore

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fish carcass disposal law

It is illegal to discard any fish carcass, or parts thereof, into the freshwaters of the state within 100 feet of shore or upon any public or private lands contiguous to and within 100 feet of such water, except:

• On private lands by owners of such lands.
  • If properly disposing into suitable garbage or refuse collection systems or by burial.
  • Where incidental cleaning of fish for consumption is permitted. However, resulting waste may not be disposed of within 100 feet of any public launching or docking site unless into a suitable refuse collection system.
  • Live fish and fish which must be returned to the water because of size limits, open seasons and daily limits are not subject to the fish carcass disposal law.

Thanks for reply. Iwas told law had changed. Obviously I was misinformed. Thanks again

Fish carcass disposal law

It is illegal to discard any fish carcass, or parts thereof, into the freshwaters of the state within 100 feet of shore or upon any public or private lands contiguous to and within 100 feet of such water, except:

• On private lands by owners of such lands.
  • If properly disposing into suitable garbage or refuse collection systems or by burial.
  • Where incidental cleaning of fish for consumption is permitted. However, resulting waste may not be disposed of within 100 feet of any public launching or docking site unless into a suitable refuse collection system.
  • Live fish and fish which must be returned to the water because of size limits, open seasons and daily limits are not subject to the fish carcass disposal law.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Lake Ontario United mobile app