Best dipsy rod 10.5'

95% of my setup is Diawa, rods & reels. Need to get 2 new 10.5' dipsy rods and was wondering what everyone likes, I don't have to stay Diawa

thanks for you input

7 minutes ago, CK3080 said:

my outside 10.5' dipsey rods are okuma GLT's.  I've never used Talora's, but cant say too much bad about the okumas.  Cheap too.

I know a lot of people use Okuma and like you said the price puts you there. I would like to see the Diawa next to the Talora's to compare. Like said above, I have some of my Diawa great lakes rods for over 30 years and still use them on my riggers, getting pretty beat up a few tips replaced etc, but still catch fish

Edited by scobar

If you’re handy and know how to retie on a guide, the talora’s guide spacing allows you to assemble the rod tip upside down and create a spiral wrapped diver rod by turning the 2nd guide 60 degrees clockwise around the blank and the 3rd 120 degrees clockwise. A spiral wrapped talora is about as close as you can get to a custom diver rod. I’ve modified many taloras like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 minute ago, John E Powell said:

If you’re handy and know how to retie on a guide, the talora’s guide spacing allows you to assemble the rod tip upside down and create a spiral wrapped diver rod by turning the 2nd guide 60 degrees clockwise around the blank and the 3rd 120 degrees clockwise. A spiral wrapped talora is about as close as you can get to a custom diver rod. I’ve modified many taloras like this.

That sounds interesting, I'll look at the Talors'a at the Niagara show. I dont have a rod tying setup, but Im sure I could do it by just hand wrapping, but I'm also sure it would look like dog meat too. Hate to see a $100 new rod look like crap.

John you want to wrap a couple of rods? :)

Scott

Ive got a couple Okuma  blue diamond 10 ft 6 in roller rods. They work OK for you and me.

Ive had them 6 or 7 years . Problem I have now is they are heavy ,bulky feeling. When I

have the grandkids in the boat or ladies they have a hard time handling these rods. Ive

been shopping for a couple new diver rods that are lighter to replace them.I just fish the fingerlakes now

and I really do not need the best . Any suggestions?  I will be following this thread.

21 hours ago, John E Powell said:

Can you post a picture of that? I'm having difficulty picturing it.