Wanted WTB starcraft fishmaster 196.....2004 to 2017

Looking for used  2010 to 2017   starcraft 196 fish-master. Must have 4 stroke ,Prefer Yamaha 4stroke. Not interested in a boat that was used in salt water.
I would highly suggest buying one with at least a 150hp motor on it if you are going to fish with more than 2 guys. I personally know someone that had to upgrade to a 150 after being sold the boat with a 115 Mercury on it from the dealer, it was a dog with a full load.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Realistically, any newer 196's will have 150 or better on it.  That said, some of the older ones (seems like 2015 and earlier) were packaged with 115's.  dipiazza22  gives you a good data point here as does Fishmaster 196.  If you can find a good used one a little older and with a 115 it might be a pretty good deal.  If you run with 2 guys most of the time don't be afraid. Even if you run more guys  consider how few days on Lake O we get to run WOT anyway.  If dipiazza22 is getting 33 on top end and it still jumps pretty good at the start I think thats fine for an older used boat.  I wouldn't buy a newer one like that if only for the resale issue.  I usually only run mid throttle @ +/- 25 mph myself.  My 196 running  150 yamaha with 3 people loaded will do over 40.  It all depends on what you want.  

57 minutes ago, Fishmaster 196 said:

I would highly suggest buying one with at least a 150hp motor on it if you are going to fish with more than 2 guys. I personally know someone that had to upgrade to a 150 after being sold the boat with a 115 Mercury on it from the dealer, it was a dog with a full load.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I will agree, the 4stroke 115s are dogs

On 1/11/2019 at 6:49 PM, Monroe1600 said:

Looking for used  2010 to 2017   starcraft 196 fish-master. Must have 4 stroke ,Prefer Yamaha 4stroke. Not interested in a boat that was used in salt water.

If you haven't found one by spring, you are more then welcome to come out on mine and see how it performs 

For what it’s worth...I agree on getting the right motor. I have a 22’ proline dual console fiberglass boat with a Suzuki 150 on it. It is awesome and I’m sure my boat weighs more than one of these aluminum. 4 stroke is the only way to go and I’ve owned the e-etc motor as well and while I believe they are good motors I doubt they will last as long as a modern 4 stroke. My boat doesn’t even have to plane. It just gets up and goes and there is hardly any fuel burn. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes, I saw it was a 2050. Thanks for the info. I am definitely looking for fish-master 196 with 150 Yamaha. I have 1930 Lowe boat now but want to upgrade and it will be  my last boat at my age of 63. Hopefully something will come up. I'm in no hurry but if the right deal  pops up I ready to pull the trigger. Thanks guys for all the feed back. I live in the rochester area but am willing to travel if some thing comes up.

Yes, I saw it was a 2050. Thanks for the info. I am definitely looking for fish-master 196 with 150 Yamaha. I have 1930 Lowe boat now but want to upgrade and it will be  my last boat at my age of 63. Hopefully something will come up. I'm in no hurry but if the right deal  pops up I ready to pull the trigger. Thanks guys for all the feed back. I live in the rochester area but am willing to travel if some thing comes up.
Yamaha [emoji106]image000000_01.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The best price I have found to date on a 2019 Starcraft fishmaster 196 with 150 Yamaha and 9.9 4 stroke kicker with full canvas and trailer is $45800.  Starcraft is offering $3000 rebates until the end of March.  Debating new vs used.  Used late model units are hard to find!  Good luck.