Crows

I hit one yesterday with the pelletgun but not a direct head shot so just ruffled his feathers. Very limited opportunities as I live in a development:lol: but it doesn't mean I give up easily:smile: Hoping to get one so I can put it hanging in a tree out back to serve as a "message" to the rest of them. Thye do learn fast....

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

50 decoys . In a group spread out 7 to 10 foot apart . 2 feet off the hedgerow to 15 yards out the decoys were. Caller in the decoys . Had both sides of the spread covered for the smart ones . With light wind had the caller on low . Other than that we had no issue cuz " the birds wanted to be there" food. Could have stayed but 4 boxes wasn't enough ran out of ammo .

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

WOW that's great man!! I live for crow hunts. They have a huge problem with this year. With the wet fall and late summer the farms left hundreds of acres of pumpkins lay the crows are having a field day on the pumpkins and the warm winter here in P.A.. It made the papers and the news. We are trying to get access to any properties that we can call them in. I sure hope all the Wa bags and tree huggers don't run you in the dirt. Like those Freaks did me. If ya wanna read some shyt look up PAP. Crow hunts. I wish you the best and I absolutely love this topic. Congrats my friend and carry on the sport!!!. To give you an idea how long I've been crow hunting crows. My very first caller was a portable record player that only played 45'S and had a long cord. It took 10 d size batteries. Next was a Johnny Stewart cassette player I totally wore that out. Since I bought a strictly predator caller I sent my spit fire back to Fox Pro and they loaded it with crow sounds. Best of luck thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

XXX I think I will take your word when u said 10 D batteries to run!! Lol . Yepper tons of food like u said 60 to 70 percent of the corn and beans never got harvested till a couple weeks ago. Saw a farm chopping the other day. Them anti and tree thumpers don't want to mess with me . If I'm in the right they will get a Hunter's harassment ticket. I love doing that to those people. I got a homeowner on I~bay a harassment ticket for telling me to get out of his front yard. I told him get out of my backyard and I'm calling the cops and I did. I was duck hunting. I stick up for the Hunter and will never get pushed around out there. Ill have to read that story on u. I'll try to get out as much as I can with ice fishing on the weekends it will be tough.

On 1/12/2019 at 6:18 PM, longspurs said:

Buddy asked me to go crow hunting today and to get a case of ammo ! Went thru it by noon. 74 bodies , 10 cripples . Best crow day I ever had. IMG_20190112_130635.jpeg

Post was 2013 started by BS MASTER you'll be shocked by who what & when. 28 comments. 

That's a good amount for 2hrs of shooting and not much missing either. I'm to old and busted up to raise hell anymore!!! Plus I don't need the aggravation. That's why I dropped out of lime light on here. No more pro membership. You reach a point and you ask yourself why. Carry on with the crows there so much fun!!.

Coyotes don't really like birds, we shot Canadian geese off a farmer's pond as they were turning the pond into their personal porta pot. Killing most all fish along with land mines. We cleaned them up through the breasts in the pan, they stank so bad I got rid of them for my coyote hunt they ate the breasts I peeled out and didn't touch the other birds!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just like ducks , hunt the feed never hunt the roost . Owl decoy is old school I bet some people use it but no need. 40 plus decoys and a big feed good caller that is clear and crisp sound.... And don't move they are like turkeys.

We use the feeding call that way they keep coming back, might be 15-30 minutes but curiosity kills the cat every time.. The crow and owl fight is a run and gun method, or a second to last resort to get them to come back. The death cry is the absolute last straw..