WTB repower on the Nympho

Thinking of putting a new motor on the the Nympho for this upcoming season. Evinrude 70 has treated me great but I'd like to enter the 4 stroke world. I can get over 30mph with the 70 and I'm not looking to win races or pull tubes just yet. Perfect motor would be a Honda 90-100-130. Open to other options as well, if I can swing the deal. Not saying no to an injected but 4 stroke is top of the list. Let me know what's out there ! Thanks!!!

I have a Sea Nymph GLS 175 with a Yamaha F70LA. Put it on in 2014. Set up on a nema 2000 network to a Lowrance hds gen 2 touch. All functions are viewed on the Lowrance. It gets 8+ mpg at most efficient rpm and does about 26 mph there. Troll all day on a gallon of gas. Hooked up a VTS and will adjust from 600 to 1000 rpm in 50 rpm increments. My neighbor put a new Yamaha 90 VMax on GLS195 last year. Acceleration out of the hole on that is amazing. Would recommend that on a 195. Note the Lowrance screen touching 8mpg at 4200 rpm and 26 mph20181003_170846.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Honda makes some good engines, but I'm partial to Yamaha. All of my boats have had them from F50 to F200 and they haven't missed a beat in twenty years. Unfortunately they're all 15+ years old now and I can't network them to add the electronic variable throttle control. That would be FANTASTIC on Nothing but Net. I hate having to bump the throttle ever so slightly to go from a low 700 to a high 700 in rough seas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gator said:

Honda makes some good engines, but I'm partial to Yamaha. All of my boats have had them from F50 to F200 and they haven't missed a beat in twenty years. Unfortunately they're all 15+ years old now and I can't network them to add the electronic variable throttle control. That would be FANTASTIC on Nothing but Net. I hate having to bump the throttle ever so slightly to go from a low 700 to a high 700 in rough seas.

Couldn't agree more.  Yamaha makes fantastic motors. 

• 1 month later...