Cayuga 1/14

Some days you eat the bear and some days the bear eats you. Yeah, Reel Doc and chowder got eaten by the bear yesterday. Launch was frozen in, main didn’t wanna start fish ,mood was ultra negative electronics quit. But through it all we laughed , drank beer and most importantly survived the coldest open water day we ever tried to fish 

CCCCFBA6-5D3F-4630-86EA-A36732D92CB1.jpeg

353D225F-B4F2-448B-9DBC-039FA56E5C0A.jpeg

• Like 2

Apparently your beer cracking noise attracted a laker with liver disease-jaundice. I drove all the way down from Buffalo to hunt Robert Treman and at 7 degrees my bow never left the car. 

Treman must be one of the Deer management pieces this year. We hunted one last year maybe it was “Buttermilk “ I took a doe in there after 7 hours of seeing nothing . What have your experiences with these hunts been 

First time. Didn’t hunt just scouted a little. My assessment of the tracks I saw tell me there is not a deer overpopulation problem right now. The tracks I saw were from mostly yearlings that would indicate high turnover like any other property where hunting takes place. 

I can make a day down there of casting off T-falls State Park for trout and hunting an evening shift. I think I found a good kill spot. 

Edited by Gill-T

34 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

I can make a day down there of casting off T-falls State Park for trout and hunting an evening shift. I think I found a good kill spot. 

How long do they allow those hunts.  That might be a fun adventure if it warms up a little.  Do they allow tree stands?

1 hour ago, Reel Doc said:

How long do they allow those hunts.  That might be a fun adventure if it warms up a little.  Do they allow tree stands?

I packed in mine. Maybe I wasn’t supposed to. I saw few tracks but didn’t really scout much. This time of year my hunting is very focused on coyotes.

The bubbler was on but it does not come up right at the launch but under the dock and  over to the side.  It was single digits Sunday morning so right at the ramp it was frozen but 15-20 yards beyond the dock the channel opened up.  Not supposed to be as cold tonight but you still may need to chop out the launch ramp along the length of the dock.  A flamethrower would be helpful to speed up the process. 🔥🔥

Fairly slow. I was working inside water for lakers, caught a few, then moved deep and jigged up a few. Ened up back inside and caught one more.

It was a nice day on the water though.....thank goodness for two batteries on my trolling motor. My starter battery died, so I had to use one of those to get it fired up....

Off to the battery store tonight...not messing with that!