True slidediver dive chart

Has anyone used the Fishhawk TD to come up with a true dive chart for the slide diver.  I see a big discrepancy between what the company’s chart looks like and a few internet postings using the Fishawk device. For example, 135’ back on a 2 setting with standard weight shows on company website chart as being 60’ down. There is a YouTube video of a fisherman showing only getting 45’ with fishhawk confirmation. Looks more like a true 3:1 ratio. 

Edited by Gill-T

I think it depends on what your pulling also the fish hawk has a lot of resistance and will not dive as deep with it on the line. I use an app called the Dipsy troller and have had pretty good luck with the depths. if the bottom is at 40 ft. and I let out line to get to 40 ft. ill hit bottom with my Dipsy fairly close to the numbers.

After several seasons using the fish hawk TD, you will find that actual dive depths change all the time. There is NO one standard. Underwater currents, speed , direction, what your pulling behind it, all affect the depths at any given time or place. That's why the Fishhawk TD is an invaluable piece of equipment for those who want to really dial in as quick as possible on the fish.   

• Like 1

I started running a smart troll last year but had limited run time as i had to have part of it replaced. I was running the slide diver with the ultimate ring....but normal weight. With wire line and a 3.5 setting on the slide diver i was getting close to 2:1 down to 80'. From what i saw Im thinking the normal slide diver normal ring and weight would be 3:1

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 months later...

I have a TD and was going to do this. I contacted the Precision Trolling app support and asked them for the ability to add a ‘user entered’ dive curve so I could add my own slide diver data on the app. Mark Rowanack himself responded back that the slide divers are on the list of products to support in the near future, so it’s likely the precision trolling app will have support for the slide diver soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 10 months later...

There are two basic settings accessed on the menu screen temp and depth. The temp measures either the fahrenheit temp or centigrade temp at 5 ft intervals. You also need to specify (menu screen) fresh or salt water type. The other setting is depth and that is selected as an option on the menu screen and it measures depth down to at least 300 ft in 1 ft increments. (i believe the max. depth possible is 400 ft.). The menu screens are a bit "clunky" as you have to use the View and Start functions to activate changes.

Edited by Sk8man

4 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

There are two basic settings accessed on the menu screen temp and depth. The temp measures either the farenheit temp or centigrade temp at 5 ft intervals. You also need to specify (menu screen) fresh or salt water type. The other setting is depth and that is selected as an option pon the menu screen and it measures depth down to at least 300 ft in 1 ft increments. (i believe the max. depth possible is 400 ft.). The menu screens are a bit "clunky" as you have to use the View and Start functions to activate changes.

Thanks for that I was trying to check running depth of some muskie baits and had written it off as a bad purchase. I guess when all else fails read the instructions except I bought it at a swap and received no instructions.

I don't think any actual specific instructions came with it. You have to depress each of the start and view buttons to make changes

Ignorance is bliss: I just sort of assumed that for Slide diver lite bites it was 3:1 @ 3.0 with super braid and spoons so that's what I base my attempts to catch fish on but is it just me or don't we all really let the fish tell us what the 'right' place is to run the baits. In my experience the exact right place isn't always where you're marking fish or bait. 

Edited by chowder
added thought

I added Garmin LiveScope to my boat last winter with the intention of improving my inland fishing. I have the transducer mounted on a pole on my gunnel so I can aim it any direction to look for fish. On Lake Erie, I discovered that you can see the running depth of a slide diver to a range of about 90 feet. With a large ring this translates to about 55 down which is plenty for walleye fishing. I’m pretty confident the range will go up to 110 feet with the ultimate ring and heavier weight. After discovering this capability, I have moved to setting slide divers ‘visually’ with the livescope. If you have two out on one side, you can see both, and you can see ‘follows’ and strikes in real time. Sounds too good to be true, but I’m not lying or even exaggerating.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app