Downrigger rebuild?

Hey guys, looking at buying a new boat in the spring and want to use the same manual cannon riggers I have now. But the one clicks different and overall just feels different to use. Does someone rebuild or “go through” them? If so wouldn’t mind having someone look at them for me. Don’t mind paying obviously to have this done, just would be nice to throw em on the new boat and have them for surely good to go. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Had to go through mine, the clutch washers had turned to a sticky mess and wouldn't free spool. Luckily, it's a simple job and replacement washers can be found at Lowes in the hardware section. They work great again after 30 years of use...

Hey guys, looking at buying a new boat in the spring and want to use the same manual cannon riggers I have now. But the one clicks different and overall just feels different to use. Does someone rebuild or “go through” them? If so wouldn’t mind having someone look at them for me. Don’t mind paying obviously to have this done, just would be nice to throw em on the new boat and have them for surely good to go. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Have rebuilt mine a couple of times. Drag washers , pawl , spring . Parts are available and reasonable from fish307. Easy fix. Do one at a time so you can reference correct parts placement You may also want to replace the nylon bushings that go between the shaft and spool. That job requires removal of the rigger cable. You can get a parts blow up for all cannon riggers at their website

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

12 hours ago, reeldilemma33 said:

I’m bringing him 14 reels tomorrow. He’s still in business.

He fixed a cannon for me maybe 5 years ago and told me he was retiring, great to see he stayed with it. Very nice guy, I first did business with him over 30 years ago when he was on Niagara st in Buffalo

• Like 1

He fixed a cannon for me maybe 5 years ago and told me he was retiring, great to see he stayed with it. Very nice guy, I first did business with him over 30 years ago when he was on Niagara st in Buffalo
It's too bad he's always busy...lol

Silverfoxcharters.net