Garmin maps

Fishstix

Is anyone running the Garmin Lakevu HD ultra maps in the fingerlakes?  Are you happy with it?

I have a Garmin 73 DV It has the lake chip in it that came with the unit. Not much detail and way

off on location. I want to upgrade to something more accurate without buying another  mfg unit.

Wallyandre Thanks for the reply. How ever The top of the page says "Navonics a Garmin company" I see where you can trade in for the rebate. But it does not list which Garmin products are compatible with the maps. Am I missing something?

On 1/17/2019 at 7:05 AM, Fishstix said:

Is anyone running the Garmin Lakevu HD ultra maps in the fingerlakes?  Are you happy with it?

I have a Garmin 73 DV It has the lake chip in it that came with the unit. Not much detail and way

off on location. I want to upgrade to something more accurate without buying another  mfg unit.

FishStix, first of all, do you have it on the Fishing Map view because that's where you get the 1 foot contours. Also, the new Garmin LakeVu g3 chip incorporates both Navionics & Garmin data so it should be pretty accurate.

On 1/20/2019 at 4:35 AM, Fishstix said:

Wallyandre Thanks for the reply. How ever The top of the page says "Navonics a Garmin company" I see where you can trade in for the rebate. But it does not list which Garmin products are compatible with the maps. Am I missing something?

Hey FishStix, the Navionics chips are not compatible with Garmin units! You can get one of the new Garmin LakeVu g3 chip and if you upgrade with your old chip you will get 50% off the new chip. It should be available at the end of Feb. The new Garmin LakeVu g3 same as the new Navionics cards incorporate the best of both Navionics & Garmin data! Make sure that your Garmin unit is updated to the software version!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply's guys. One more question, I Have a Garmin 73dv. I use it as a stand alone plotter.

Can I just buy the chip and stick it in or do I have to hook my 73 dv to the computer? Confused Old guy talkin here. Do I need 12v to hook it to computer?