New boat

whaler1

Same here....nothing even attracts me....I salivate every time I visit Nauset Marine on the Cape and get in the big ones....unfortunately my wallet gets paranoid :lol:

• Like 1

How much trouble would I get in if I said that Whalers, like the Patriots, are overrated? Crap, there goes my community rating lol.

Can't wait to see her in the water! You going to come over and play with us or go West?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bill I have been using the gimbals set up that way for 16 years and never a problem and I have the extendable booms etc.. They are really the way to go ....easy removal if you want to safe guard riggers or just go cruising without them.

boatside.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

I can run 4 if I want to and Whaler hardware as you know is top notch so the recessed built in holders are very sturdy. I do have swivel bases on the Cannons and that is real convenient:smile:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Curious to see how these perform. IMG_0073.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Ive used them before with no problems and liked how easy it was for removal. The only thing i did to mine was add some electrical tape around the shaft because mine were a tad loose in the rod holder.

• Like 1

Bill I have been using the gimbals set up that way for 16 years and never a problem and I have the extendable booms etc.. They are really the way to go ....easy removal if you want to safe guard riggers or just go cruising without them.

boatside.thumb.jpg.d14e72e328a0d906ccf3d61d2a07a36c.jpg

Nice shades Les! When did you start putting your hair in a pony tail? I know it’s been awhile but dang you look so different [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...

Rigging a new or different boat is exciting and something to enjoy.and nothing like a clean slate. Good luck with it Bill!

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1