"The Kevin Davis Memorial Oswego Pro-Am"

It has been my privilege to be a part of a decision to rename the Oswego Pro-Am, and to be added to a newly forming Rules/Decisions committee. It is our goal to restore the prestige and participation to this classic event. Many exciting changes are being discussed including a two tiered entry fee for Pros, allowing entrants the ability to decide at what level they wish to compete dollar-wise. The new committee will still have a great local representation, but also consist of members from other ports. There will also be a special prize for the top scoring Charter boat/Captain who is fishing the event in conjunction with running his daily charter. This event will continue to be 1 of 3 tournaments utilizing the 2-day classic scoring format as it has in the past, and will also continue to be 1 of 3 Pro-Ams used in the lake wide Challenge Cup chase.(Niagara,Oswego, Sodus)

Committee members will organize raffles and fundraising efforts that will run before and during this event, benefiting a worthy organization/cause(TBD) in Kevin's honor.  Much thought was given before this name dedication was made. Kevin was a pillar of the Oswego fishing scene, both lake and river, and did fish the Pro Am several times. He was a part of a winning Pro team("TK") in 2007 and 2009. He loved Oswego and the fishery as much as anyone.

The Am division has remained popular and no major changes are being planned. Please look here and on FB for more updates as they roll out. For now, the 2019 dates are July 13th and 14th, with the Captains mtg the eve of July 12th. The popular "1K a day" for largest King Salmon will be held that week July 11,12,13,14.  Save the dates and looking forward to seeing everyone and helping the local organizers with this highly competitive event.            

Edited by Capt Vince Pierleoni
  • Like 4

Every once in awhile in your career you come across a true professional.  I did not know Kevin on a personal level however on a professional level he set the bar.  I was privileged to have talked fishing and the industry with him on a couple occasions and his passion always shined thru.  This a fantastic tribute.

Two day 12 and 12 tourneys will always let the cream rise to the top.    Looking forward to see what is in store for the future of this tournament.

• Like 2

What a great tribute, and a way to keep his name synonymous with the Lake Ontario fishery. He was a good guy. I had the privilege of sharing a boat with him on a couple of occasions, and I always enjoyed chatting with him.

• Like 2

Thanks Vince for your continued help with our event! Look forward to working with a larger group to help improve and promote our tournament. New name decision was an easy one. Kevin was a great guy usually quiet, let his fishing do the talking. Fought his final battle with unbelievable focus & toughness i'll never forget.

Thanks to all in advance who step up to help as we move forward!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This event is shaping up to be a good one. Renewed local community support along with expanded rules and weather committees. This event has gone to a two tiered entry level for Pro teams. Teams can compete for approx half the entry fee than in the past, perfect for new Pro teams or Charter Captains that want to participate with their inexperienced party on board. Of course Pro teams can enter both divisions are play for bigger prizes. The most important thing is to participate, celebrate Oswego's July fishery and it's many twists, all while honoring one of Oswego's own. Kevin's family has chosen St. Judes Children's hospital as the benefactor for fundraising efforts that will run in conjunction with the Pro-Am.  Watch for more updates here and on facebook @ Oswego Pro Am.     

Thanks Vince for getting this LOU thread started!! You can follow the links below for the 2019 Entry form & 1KaDay Entry form

We will be having a drawing for a free entry into next years tournament. Anyone who enters by June 9th or sooner will qualify!!

Any Pro team that fishes with just a Capt/Mate & a regular charter crew will qualify for an additional $500 prize if they are the highest finishing team to do so.

2019 Kevin Davis Memorial Oswego Pro Am Entry form  http://freepdfhosting.com/2f08d5ab2f.pdf

2019 1KaDay Entry form   http://freepdfhosting.com/da387d9470.pdf

You can call or email me with any questions.  Tom  315-391-8079   [email protected]

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Due to high water we are currently looking into all options for the upcoming Kevin Davis Memorial Pro Am.. And into the powers that be Crystal balls to gauge what the water will do. Hang in with us a few days and I will update you on what I find out.

Tom

On 6/3/2019 at 12:55 PM, burkyboy said:

Hi guys

Due to high water we are currently looking into all options for the upcoming Kevin Davis Memorial Pro Am.. And into the powers that be Crystal balls to gauge what the water will do. Hang in with us a few days and I will update you on what I find out.

Tom

If you are planning on participating in this event and would like assistance with a dock please contact Tom Burke @ 315-391-8079.  Provisions are being made but he needs to hear from you.

I have heard from a bunch of teams but need to hear from more if there coming. If the weather continues to cooperate it looks like we could be about through with rising water!! Which means we would have over a month of slowly receding water before the Pro Am!! We will continue to gather team & dock info through the weekend and update as we go. Teams that haven't contacted me yet please do so!!

Tom

315-391-8079

I am sad to announce tonight we will not be holding the 2019 Oswego Pro Am. The challenges we are currently facing with the weather & water levels. Including docking and launching boats. And some teams being unwilling to make early commitments due to these issues. Makes it hard to move forward reserve tents, order trophy's, etc. Our county Tourism & Planning Dept. which provides a ton of support for the Pro am is already swamped dealing with weather/water related issues which makes it even harder to move forward. Anyone who has signed up will get an immediate refund.
I personally will be looking into all ways that will allow us to hold a tournament next year on our same dates.
We have been in contact with Sodus Pro Am organizers and it looks like they are still a 100% go right now.
Look forward to seeing many of you there!
Tight Lines,
Tom

Very sorry to hear but thank you Tom for all your hard work and trying to make this go. Some people do not know what it takes and all that is involved to make something like this happen. I appreciate all your efforts

‘Bout Time
Mike