Fell through

brucehookedup

Went to canadice lake and struggled to find lakers. Left from the east side boat launch and fished our way to west side and south with a solid 4" of ice with slush. Next thing i know is splash, WTF spun around and pulled myself out and then looked back to see if my sled was going to pull me down. Luckily it was floating so i yanked it out and boogied to the bus 800 yds. My buddy anthony was 80yds away and coming to help. I think he was more shocked then me. It worked out all good. Hopefully to never happen again. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Wow... Glad you made it out..  that lake can be pretty unforgiving based on the lack of development around it.

What are your thoughts on the ice - Weak ice that was hidden by the recent snow ?  or did the recent warm-up and snow load weaken what was there ?

• Like 1

When there is more on top (water/slush) than under u , u don't go out . Glad u are safe and u fished with a buddy !!!

I fell thru I Bay 10in of ice 8in of slush water on top. About 10 years ago.

The west side across from the boat launch and to the south a bit is the deepest hole in the lake . It is always the last spot to freeze on the lake . Springs ,and run off creeks all over that lake.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When there is more on top (water/slush) than under u , u don't go out . Glad u are safe and u fished with a buddy !!!

I fell thru I Bay 10in of ice 8in of slush water on top. About 10 years ago.

The west side across from the boat launch and to the south a bit is the deepest hole in the lake . It is always the last spot to freeze on the lake . Springs ,and run off creeks all over that lake.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Im glad I made it as well. There was water on top from the melting that I believe the wind moved it around and made the skinny ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app