Hi, I live in Montreal and would like to try some salmon fishing next year. As going down to Toronto and the Niagara area is quite far for me, I was wondering if I fished leaving the Kingston area, is there any salmon there, lake trout, rainbow or walleye. If I have to go farther than Kingston, what would be the closest place.

Can you also tell me the best season (weeks) if there are fish there.

I hear that at the end of summer,or fall I can fish rivers too. I do not know which ones though and how to access them.

Since we are all fishermen, and you need some information on fishing in quebec, I will be glad to give you as mch information as I can.

Thanks,

• 3 months later...

Hi Robert,

I'm from Ottawa and I'd say your closest place is Cobourg, Port Hope or Dalhousie. They all hold rainbows and nooks.

As for Kingston area, you can try your luck around duck islands although closer to Napanee. ealier in the season you get lakers and as the season progresses, rainbows and chinooks start showing up. A little farther you have Wellington where you can target rainbows and chinooks as well. The only thing to keep in mind is you have a long boat ride to get to these fishing spots so pick your days based on winds.

Hope this helps a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...