Anyone know launch status?

The last time I was at the Pointe at the Oak was Sunday night and the only open water was from the launch ramps to the lake , but there was snow in front of the ramps and I don't think they put the floating docks in on both sides of the river until next month. Most of the Oak orchard was still frozen up but melting(guys were ice fishing Saturday, but not Sunday) so there is probably going to be lots of ice in the river for a while. There may not even be open water. I will be down there tommorrow afternoon so I can update conditions Wed. night. Remember that it's not a good idea to go out in the lake alone, as if anything happens there may not be much anyone else can do to help. Use the buddy system. I mean at least 2 boats if you can get out there. Wait a little while and there will be other boats out fishing. Those are just the conditions at the Oak. Other ports may be different. Just trying to help. - Mick

I know the launch at sodus point is open enough to launch small boats, they were retrieving the sunken snow machines today. there is a lot of flow ice and still good ice cover on the bay. You may be able to launch and get out the chute but if the wind changes directions you may be in for a tough return.

the ice is still very heavy on the shore line with a good amount of floating ice in tight.

good luck if you venture out.

Thanks to everyone for their observations!

Reeltime,

I remember years ago a few of us went out of Sodus and a south wind came and clogged the channel with ice. Someone radioed out to us and said don't bother trying to get back in. We made a plan to Run to Pultneyville, hichhike back to Sodus and get our trailers.

We fished for a few more hours and a north wind came up and blew the ice back into the bay.