Aluminum boat work recommendations?

Walleye Oughta

Looking into having floor replaced on my 1998 18' Lund. Floor isn't noticeably soft anywhere but after pulling a few screws out it looks like some rot is forming, plus the carpet has GOT to go. Carpet is for your grandparents' living rooms, not fishing boats. 
Any recommendations on shops/dealer to do this? Wanting to get a few quotes to compare to doing it myself. 

Anybody that has done this themselves have recommendations? Did you use composite material or epoxy marine grade wood? Non-skid marine paint or non-skid vinyl? 

Thanks in advance

I own a 1997 LOWE and it has an aluminum floor. I just removed all the carpet too, lifted the floor and added a little closed cell foam where it was light from the factory. Changed out the fuel and vent lines, checked out condition of tank and the framing of the boat, all good, and nice to see how it was made. Used large head pop rivets to put the floor back down, sealing everything for a water tight install, primed and ready for top coating.

I'm sure you could get a sheet of aluminum and never have to worry about a wood floor again. My boat does have marine wood blocking where the seats are mounted but thats it.

Scott

Been there. Done that. Somewhere on here is my thread of the restore project. I would guesstimate my total cost of materials was around $600.00. Tough to say the hours spent just on the flooring as I did a complete interior job. I'd say if your pretty handy and you have some time, a few full days of work and a few days of dry time for whatever you use to seal the wood. I never priced local shops, so I can't help there. Again, a guesstimate would prob be 2000-2500$ ? Call around and get prices and price your materials online.

Lots of guys on here have done this so help is here.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:12 AM, Walleye Oughta said:

Looking into having floor replaced on my 1998 18' Lund. Floor isn't noticeably soft anywhere but after pulling a few screws out it looks like some rot is forming, plus the carpet has GOT to go. Carpet is for your grandparents' living rooms, not fishing boats. 
Any recommendations on shops/dealer to do this? Wanting to get a few quotes to compare to doing it myself. 

Anybody that has done this themselves have recommendations? Did you use composite material or epoxy marine grade wood? Non-skid marine paint or non-skid vinyl? 

Thanks in advance

BW Custom Boat repair in Sodus does these all the time. The owner, Bill, used to work at Great Lakes in Sodus. Now he has his own operation that's a bit smaller. Let me know if you can't find his contact info.