One Musky Lure to Rule Them All...

This is a great question, Chad! If I had to choose just ONE, I think the primary consideration would have to be the lure’s versatility and useful application across a wide spectrum of fishing scenarios. With that said, I’d probably have to go with a Bucktail.

Original Wolly Bully - All Black feather/skirt, Single #9 (Metallic green/blue blade), by Mike Sperry (Chautauqua Reel Outdoors). Great Pike lure as well...

I know the obvious answer for me would be a jerkbait…. and you would be right just cause I enjoy throwing those the most.  BUT… if my life depended on it, I would probably go with a tube or shallow lip joint crank as it is probably the most versatile for being able to target different areas of the water column.   Plus the crank would give me a trolling and casting option.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:09 PM, justtracytrolling said:

Casting I'd pick a mepps silver blade white bucktail

I agree for quantity, but the bigger ones usually come into the net while using bigger jerk - twitch baits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Depends what you have confidence in and what you have been successful on. I think the answers will vary greatly depending on how many fish youve caught and where your fishing.

A person fishing the Great Lakes can/will choose differently than a person on an inland stocked lake and someone with 5, 50 or 500 fish will answer differently also. Everything works given the right time and nothing works given the wrong time.

All we can do is enjoy our days out there - keeping our lures wet and our fingers crossed. Tight lines everyone!

20221005_143916~2.jpg

20221009_214809_exported_86222~2.jpg

Edited by zach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zach said:

Depends what you have confidence in and what you have been successful on. I think the answers will vary greatly depending on how many fish youve caught and where your fishing.

A person fishing the Great Lakes can/will choose differently than a person on an inland stocked lake and someone with 5, 50 or 500 fish will answer differently also. Everything works given the right time and nothing works given the wrong time.

All we can do is enjoy our days out there - keeping our lures wet and our fingers crossed. Tight lines everyone!

20221005_143916~2.jpg

20221009_214809_exported_86222~2.jpg

great photo

i've always wanted to try a Baker lure on LSC.