Wanted Boat Trailer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you sure about the weight capacity ? My 27 comes in at close to 8,000 and the 28 with a cored hull at 8500. These are listed are by the mfg. and straight off the construction floor, no gas [ 7 lbs a gallon ] batteries, oil, gear , riggers and anything else you can think of. You may want to recalculate the carrying capacity to have a small margin of error.

I would be at 9200 and up.30 + -  gallons of gas and 3 batteries along with anchor ,lines , crap in drawers and safety gear alone is around 500 +  lbs. Probably have a 200 gallon tank and most people will not run them much below 1/4. You also have a holding and freshwater tank ,which you would empty out at end of year but if your trailering during season, probably not.

Edited by Bozeman Bob

Thanks for the input.  We would be only trailer twice a year, and both times it would be pretty stripped, so 8500 was the minimum, but definitely had a tri-axle in mind, just not very easy to come by.  I have a few new ones priced out, just figured I would look for a good used one first.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, lakebound88 said:

Bought my tri axle in PA. Great price. Guys wanted almost same anount for used ones. I think youre better iff off new... 20190327_182841.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think i know the place you're talking about, and that is the last resort.  Just seeing if there's anything used before we go that route.

• 2 weeks later...