Winterization question

blueghost1

Strange dumb question but here we go....have a 99 trophy with a 4.3l i/o. Winterized , drained the water etc back in early October. My dad passed away the same weekend , everything was a blur that time frame . Went to the boat today to check everything over . Second guessing everything I did recently I decided to unscrew the engine drain plugs for reassurance . Got a little (about 2 max 3 shotglasses out of water ) then realized I never took off lower water pump hose this year when drained which I normally do. I know I won't know for sure if I did any damage until I run it but does anyone know if a little water is ok without any problems? Oil looked ok, no signs of cracked . Boat stored in a non heated carport wrapped up. Really kicking myself , but hope it's ok.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Kevin, when you say carport, you meaning garage connected to the house? Or a space with no walls just a roof open to the elements? Reason I ask is my garage isn’t heated but only reaches 30 degrees most of the time due to the house. Hope all is well with you and family.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

My only guess is I did it level on trailer , raised bow after I drained . Must have been a little water that didn't drain all the way . Idk. Prob just paranoid but didn't expect anything in there . I've winterized myself /or my dad since it was new . Never had a prob . Idk why there was some left

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago a friend of mine pulled the block and manifold plugs on a 5.0. He had a slip in a muddy area. Water did drain but there was some trapped in mud and that resulted in a cracked block in the spring. A valuable lesson for me. Since then, I always remove the plugs and blow compressed air in the holes with a tube and a rubber seal at the end. Usually more water and debris drains. Also always remove the hose at the water pump. I had a 4.3.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had my youngest son drain my 5.7 a few yrs ago. took the boat in to the marina for an oil change in the spring. all the freeze plugs on one side was out. very lucky the engine didnt crack. it turned out the drain was stopped up with sand and the motor hadn't drained. now I make sure the water drains and I leave the petcocks open until I use the boat in the spring. I wont venture to guess if the small amount of water in your motor would cause a crack. why didnt you leave the plugs out so any extra water could drain?