Wanted ISO 7' 2 piece Ugly Stiks BWD 1101

9 hours ago, RD9 said:

I had 6 7ft medium cal1100 one piece lined up. I wasn’t gonna pay the price. Didn’t blame them for holding onto them. Got exspensive. 

I hear ya. I have seven cal 1100 2 piece models. I hope they last a long time. I looked at the new model and I think they are okay but prefer the older style.

• Like 1

The 2 piece 1101 rods are medium heavy and just about the best salmon trolling rods I have ever seen, while you can still store them in your boat. The ugly stik people stopped making them and people have been hunting for them ever since

Edited by rolmops

9 hours ago, doubletrouble said:

I see 6 of the BWD 1100 8' 3" for sale on facebook , if anyone is interested!

I ended up buying these myself when I found out they were close by. I'm going to try these especially if I can't find anymore 7'. These are labeled "light action" though 6 - 20# test line, so we'll see. If I don't like them, you guys will get first crack at them!!

I switched to the 7' one piece years ago. The 8'6' made it harder to net the customers fish. fish and they did not have to back up as far. I wish they had not stopped making them. The one piece is slightly lighter action but still handles the salmon and are fun with Rainbows. 

3 hours ago, doubletrouble said:

Must be something else. The BWD's that I have now have the trigger grip.

Interesting...I have 30 Ugly Stiks and every one of my BWD models are without the trigger. I do have a few BWC models that have the trigger though...

Sorry Uglyokuma, I only have 1 of the 9 footers and I can't part with it. It's my noodle rod.

I actually use all my Ugly Stiks except my 10 foot dipsey rods. The dipsey rods are beastly! Every rod on my boat is an Ugly Stik except my Talora dipsey rods. 

7 minutes ago, Tyee II said:

Sorry Uglyokuma, I only have 1 of the 9 footers and I can't part with it. It's my noodle rod.

I actually use all my Ugly Stiks except my 10 foot dipsey rods. The dipsey rods are beastly! Every rod on my boat is an Ugly Stik except my Talora dipsey rods. 

Got a Talora dipsy rod as a Christmas gift from my son. What is the best way to remove the tip to replace it with a twilli?

Thanks

I just swallowed hard and  cut off a Couple new Taloras yesterday. Went to harbour freight and bought a 30 tooth per inch mini hacksaw for 5 bucks.Made a perfect cut. Got my twilli tips at fish USA. They have the 1000ft spools of 30lb test wire line on sale right now.

1 hour ago, Tyee II said:

Interesting...I have 30 Ugly Stiks and every one of my BWD models are without the trigger. I do have a few BWC models that have the trigger though...

That IS interesting. Mine are 7' and the 2 piece model if that means anything. I was told the BWD stands for Big Water Downrigger and I wouldn't think a downrigger rod would have a trigger grip, but mine do. I just looked again and they definitely say BWD 1101 on them. Just another one of those things that make a guy say "huh" , I guess