Shark weights

Are they worth the money and if so what color do you guys use . Thanks to all

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I bought 16 # weights from troutman87 on this site. Harvey is a great guy to do business with and the product is awesome. It comes in natural metal finish. I coated mine with plasti dip purchased at Lowe’s. I’m sure the sharks are great , but the torpedoes from Harvey work and are cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 4

I don't buy into the hype they tell you on their website as far as being an attractor, but they do track great and have minimal blowback. There is a member on here, Bikinibottom, that makes his own version of a shark weight that looks and performs just as well as the sharks I have fished with for less $$.

You'll be happy with either the torpedo weight from Troutman87  (Harvey) or the "shark type" weight from bikinibottom (Rich) plus you'll be supporting LOU guys in the process.:smile:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Most Charter , tourney and serious fishermen will use any and everything that will give them a edge and that includes mental. IMHO the real Shark weights belong in that category. Do the facets on there flashers and weights really attract fish  ? I do well with them , black version , i have both the 15 and 17 # for different conditions,  so I feel confident with them. Is one brand spoon etc. really any better than another one of the same shape and color ? Probably not, but to most it's what they feel more successful with. You spent how much for your rig and equipment , what's a extra 30 - 40 $ for the real thing  vs a semi copy of a shark ?

Edited by Bozeman Bob

I fish tournaments on Lake Michigan. I have used both sharks and bikini-sharks and will stick with my bikini-sharks. The bikinis have facets on them too, if that's what you believe is catching your fish. I have 14 pounders and 16 pounders, and will be buying an 18 this year with the money I have saved...

Here is a pic of one of my bikinibottom weights and my custom foam holder I made. This color, I believe, was called gator, but he makes several other colors.

Do a search for the author bikinibottom and look for his classifieds thread. He has prices and pictures.

20180128_112634.jpg

Has anyone experience trouble with the aluminum fin. Like coming loose from the lead or getting bent from boat rash and becoming directional in the water. Two reasons I went with trout Mann torpedo weights was they are one solid weight and price .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No problems here, and I bounce bottom for Lakers with mine regularly. They track perfectly after two years of bouncing. The fin is thick aluminum. I have seen guys bend them on purpose to make them directional, but it's not easy to bend. I think he sells them pre-bent if you want directional weights.

Has anyone experience trouble with the aluminum fin. Like coming loose from the lead or getting bent from boat rash and becoming directional in the water. Two reasons I went with trout Mann torpedo weights was they are one solid weight and price .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My brother hung up one of Bikinibottom’s and it did bend the fin slightly and tracks slightly to one side. I have 4 of those (same colors pictured above) all others have bounced the bottom a few times or more with no issue. Just happy my brother didn’t snap a cable and leave it on the bottom! [emoji51]
Also, I have both Bikinibottom’s and Troutman87’s. They both track well. I switch depending on depth. My torpedos are heavier, so deep riggers and Bikinibottom on wings. Or bikini for shallower program.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app