Spring bite

Kwall

Fishing out of Wilson gives you some options, and it's my favorite port in the spring. Programs are not the same as summertime. The Niagara flow and lake conditions (wind) will dictate where the fish are. Talk with other fishermen to learn what's working for them. The only thing that can ruin a trip in the spring is wind/waves......... 

I have spent the entire month of may for the past five years fishing from Olcott and have yet been disappointed. By the time the spring derby comes around I have had enough of the shallow brown fishing and I am ready to fish Kings. All but one of those years fishing was good county wide. The off year we spent chasing the bite at the bar. The important thing to realize is it's may and we are King fishing!

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

What program are you running that time of the year , spoons, flies , meat rigs?  I’ve never really tried brown trout fishing , only kings , what water depth? , just trying to figure out things before making the trip over there , I’m from Michigan and prefer to fish over there then Lake Michigan hit or miss 

30 minutes ago, Kwall said:

What program are you running that time of the year , spoons, flies , meat rigs?  I’ve never really tried brown trout fishing , only kings , what water depth? , just trying to figure out things before making the trip over there , I’m from Michigan and prefer to fish over there then Lake Michigan hit or miss 

Typical summer King program will do just fine.

• 3 weeks later...