2019-2020 Western zone season dates

• 2 weeks later...

I've submitted my input. I don't think there's any chance at changing bag limits, but if DEC hears enough input on season dates there may be a shot at getting those changed at least somewhat. I'm not a fan of the restructure, especially after how this season went. Id recommend sending your input if you have any through the link that Roys Boys posted. That's the only way anything will get changed

I gave up on this state , I have done lots of surveys over the past years and with all the complaining from everyone where is the person that agrees with the dates ????? Anyone? kinda weird that I haven't seen 1 person agree with the dates.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow what a joke.... they want us to harvest resident birds and less migration birds but yet still harvest resident geese. Yet they keep the stupid September season that kills far more migratory birds than it should and get rid of the season that we actually get to kill local birds... the flyway counsel and apparently this new one of New York state are both jokes... cater to the deer hunters and claim they are being conservative to the migration however they obvious have not a clue in the world what actually happens every year. 15 birds a day and unplugged guns was the worst thing that ever happened to the Atlantic flyway goose population and these guys are too dumb to realize that...

Edited by suttontroller94

Sutton.....my sentiments exactly.  I have asked DEC wildlife biologists about shooting migrants during the late resident season.  They insist that banding data has shown that they are not migrants, they are resident molt migrators and Province of Ontario resident geese.  Sorry, I don’t buy that, and I worked for the Dept my entire career.  Have hunted caribou in northern Quebec many times.  By mid Sept up there all the geese were on the move.

The 15 bird limit ruined all the resident hunting in my area.  Guys would brag they shot 90-100 geese on a given day with regularity.  Now they wonder where all the geese are. Duh.  The resident population here now is minuscule.  That is, until the last week of the season when they miraculously show up.