Repowering 20ft in Oswego, best dealers?

I had a 26’  Wellcraft  we decided to reposed it  I checked with 3 dealers and the quotes were from  $13000 to $14500  then I heard of a place in Massachusetts  Russell Marine  I called and their price was $12500 and they picked the boat up and delivered it back for $250. They kept it for the winter  so I had free winter storage   They did a great job   

How much did the maintenance cost you each year?  thanks
I did it myself so it was just engine oil, oil filter, lower unit oil, lower unit drain screw gaskets and i changed the external fuel filter annually but the one under the cowling just once. I used yamaha 4m oil and other yam products. $50-60 or so annually. I bought some other stuff i use to winterize but ill have that for a while before using it up...perhaps add $5 / yr. I also used the ringfree additive in the fuel. Personally i dont buy into this etec "no maintenance" concept. Plus indexing plugs is funky to me and even if there is no maintenance you still having to dump 2 cycle oil into the fuel so you pay either way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm getting close to picking an engine.  Four options....115 4 stroke merc or yamaha.  115 etec-1 2stroke, and even a 100hp 4 stroke honda.  If you look at displacement on these the 90 hp is the same as the 115. Yamaha, merc 90 look like same engine for 115 and 90, confusing.  I had a 1992 120hp force that worked fine for trolling and 20mph at 4000rpm for short runs out of owsego.  Also, the oil injection for etec seems to finally perfected, unless I hear any new comments.  I like the etec no break-in time and three before maintenance.  For merc and yammy also like that we are able to perform our own oil changes under warranty.  Any comments , especially if 90 may work instead of 115?  Goodnoughs above is not listed on mercury dealer list.???? 

If you go to the Niagara River and look at the guide boats that will tell you the story.....Lund, Crestliner and Mercury are owned by the same company. So, these boats come packaged with a Mercury.....but 95% of the Lund and Crestliner guide boats DON'T have Mercs on the back....these guys opt to pay a little more to have them powered by either Honda of Yami.  Also, I'm in South Florida right now.....Yamaha is dominant, followed by Honda.

I hope  I don't get bashed too much for posting this!

I have had a four stroke Mercury 90 hp 2003 which I thought was a great motor but I think it is edged out by the E-tec which I have had for two years.   If I was looking at a new repower, the Evinrude is on the same plane as the four strokes by every one else so I don't know which way I would go.  I guess it boils down to price and who and where is it going to get serviced if there is an issue.   10 year warranty offered on E-tecs thru 3/31/19.

Might want to check here. Very competent folks for servicing and they carry all sorts of parts for Mercs

Barrett Marine
485 West River Road
Waterloo, New York 13165
315-789-6605 or 1-800-924-8940
Fax: 315-781-2401
E-mail: [email protected]