Peanut rigs

Or....craft places like Michaels or Joanns Fabrics has them in the craft section faceted plastic beads of different sizes, colors and shapes as well as light weight metal ones. Keep things simple Matt as you want the action of the peanut to wobble back and forth without being impeded by anything else and that is the most critical thing with them.

Thanks guys! Gambler I have a ton of your spin and glow rigs! They work awesome. I fly fish as well and just like the gratification of catching a trout on something you personally make, also I need something to do with this winter carrying on. Getting a little stir crazy [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, Matt ching said:

Thanks guys! Gambler I have a ton of your spin and glow rigs! They work awesome. I fly fish as well and just like the gratification of catching a trout on something you personally make, also I need something to do with this winter carrying on. Getting a little stir crazy emoji12.png

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

if you want to make your own, you can get the Mylar from Purple Taco by the yard.  If you can't find the tubes, let me know.  I get them in bulk and can send you some for free. 

• Like 2

Matt - Brian is the one you want to learn the laker stuff from....he has it down to a science:smile: and  It is fun to make your own stuff though I've been doing it for years including the peanuts since 1978 or so but I also have a bunch of the Gambler Rigs etc. as they are totally proven on the Fingers as well as Lake O. and when my own stuff isn't doing it I put them on multiple setups and BOOM! Quality product from a quality guy.:smile: I know you fish Seneca and since the fishing there has gotten tougher lately the Gambler Rigs and the peanuts are the way to go for Lake Trout and some larger Browns as well.

Edited by Sk8man

Yes.  Run them behind Cowbells, flashers or dodgers.  Cowbells are the best way IMO.  The biggest size (can't remember the size off hand) Yakima offers is best for the great lakes.  They second biggest size does catch fish also. 

1 hour ago, horsehunter said:

If you could only run one for the rest of your days would it be the peanut or the spin & glow?

I only run Spin n glo rigs (Gambler Rigs) on my boat now.  I used to run a lot of peanut rigs but I found peanut rigs catch way too many little fish.  They do catch big lakers but you need to weed through way more little ones.  I can up size my spin n glo rigs to keep little lakers away.  

• 7 months later...