copper set up question

BigKev

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to purchase a copper set up and was wondering if you were only going to purchase one which length would you purchase? I don't have the money at the moment to buy them all but want to have at least one this upcoming season to run. Was just curious which length have been your most productive. 200',250',300',400',500'? Thanks for your time!

250 or 300 good choice in my opinion as you can add weights to get them deeper if needed and can get them in fairly quick (about like a ten color leadcore) to save on arms and fishes life.:smile:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sk8man said:

250 or 300 good choice in my opinion as you can add weights to get them deeper if needed and can get them in fairly quick (about like a ten color leadcore) to save on arms and fishes life.:smile:

:yes: Good advice. If I were to own just one copper it would be a 300. Very practical for the above reasons.  

• Like 1

Hey guys,
    I'm getting ready to purchase a copper set up and was wondering if you were only going to purchase one which length would you purchase? I don't have the money at the moment to buy them all but want to have at least one this upcoming season to run. Was just curious which length have been your most productive. 200',250',300',400',500'? Thanks for your time!

This is a loaded question. If you were to ask me my 100s and 150s produce as many fish as my all my other coppers combined. Reason... I fish them throughout the entire season. They get water time from May - Sept.

As for long coppers 250 or more...
350' copper was my best in 2018, 400' was my best in 2017, and 300' was my best in 2016. Year to year it changes as you can see.

My suggestion would be for you to start with a 300. It's a length that can be very versatile. You can fish anything on it spoons, plugs, flashers, paddles. It's also not an overwhelming length of copper. It's a good way to get your feet wet in the world of copper.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1