Asb tackle

Last year I had a buddy of mine leave my walker downrigger on the whole way in to port fishing at the Oak, no auto stop, it was shot.

I had put a Scotty 1116 pro pack on that spring and really liked it. Went to Narbys and got to talking with a guy and he suggested calling ASB. So I call and speak with them and tell him what I was looking for and he tells me I have one in storage told him I would be on my way. Arrive and there is a sign in the window " be right back" about a half hour later he gets back and informs me he doesn't have a Scotty but I do have a big jon. Classic bait and switch. Left a bad taste in my mouth. 

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago, I walked in there and asked him to help me pick out some spoons and flys as I had never fished the lake before. He picked out a large paddle, a cut bait holder, 6-8 spoons, and some flys and drew up a six line spread and showed me a couple areas to try on a map. I think we caught 7-8 kings and a few steelhead that weekend. I was impressed by how helpful he was and I’ve been back every year since.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wish I had seen these postings earlier. I ordered two Tekotas and some divers online from ASB over a month ago. Hadn’t heard anything after two weeks so I called to get the status of my order. The gentleman told me they were waiting for the Tekotas from the manufacturer and order would be sent out “on Thursday”. Waited another ten days after “Thursday”, then sent them an email. No response after a week. Not sure what I’m going to do next, but I’m pissed, that’s for sure. I’ll keep you posted on the outcome.