Sutton spoons

brutus

Hi, do they still make Sutton spoons? I was been told it was sold recently? My fishing partner told me that if there is production it is inconsistent and they are hard to find in season. He also feels the quality is not what is was. It was my go to 20 years ago. Are they still as popular as they once were? Curious on your opinions

/

Yes they are still making them. I haven’t heard of it being sold but haven’t been in there since last fall. The plating is the issue for sure. Some of my spoons I have bought have lost their plating already without seeing water or even coming out of the tissue paper they came in. Still a great spoon but the plating sucks for sure! I have some of their spoons from the 70s and 80s that look better than new ones just out of the tissue

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I bought some last summer they had a ton of spoons they started making them from a machine instead of hand pressing them.. the spoon plating I got last year seem to be better then the spoons from years past if not you can always get them replated for like $2 a spoon

Edited by Roys Boys

I recently spoke with the Sutton staff and it was indicated that the origin of the plating problem is changes in the government guidelines for the properties of the plating relative to environmental concerns but that there has been a recent improvement in the plating (for what it is worth).

• 2 months later...