Getting/keeping your fishing boat clean

mnort22

Although Clorox cleans non skid, it will make it easier to stain.... a good cleanse with Clorox. Then repeat with a good marine cleaner that contains teflon to seal the surface and prevent anything from staining. I use Starbrite deck cleaner. Works great.

Also, for stubborn stains on fabric or vinyl, use spray nine. I wipe my seats down with non scented pledge after every trip. Prevents stains and keeps the material nice and soft like new, 5 years later with this process.

If your cushions get a spotty look. From mildew or mold, a good 3m compound on a rag will work the stain out and treat like above....

Nick

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Magic eraser is good on smooth gelcoat, it tears to pieces on the anti skid. Don't use it on vinyl as it ultimately scours it dull.

Starbrite with PTEF is really good. Once you give it a good clean, then apply this, it puts a Teflon coating on and that helps stop stains from penetrating. Next time it becomes easy, you just spread this on, leave it for a  few minutes and then scrub and wash. Keeps everything nice and sparkling clean!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Brite-Non-Skid-Deck-Cleaner-with-PTEF-16-oz/51201199

I use Tilex shower cleaner  for the non skid fiberglass floor via scrub brush wiped up with old towels, and Tuff Stuff for the fiberglass interior. It comes out pristine.