Season right around the corner

mgagz5

Hey guys, quick question...... was wondering how early most of you guys start hitting the big pond for browns. I can’t take the anticipation much longer to get back out there. I mainly fish Oswego and I’m planning to make my first trip up mid March, weather permitting of course. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

As song dog said that teal colored water is the best fishing if you cannot find it fish the muddy water you will find both are warmer the clear water and way better fishing . Fish tight to shore with stick bats just of bottom and you should find some browns .Last year went 19 for 21 on browns 2nd weak of April out of Oswego  in the teal water it was 4 to 6 degrees warmer then the clear water .

• Like 2

You can fish it all year and have success. Problem is when they plow in the ramps and create ice shelves. Someone was out there Saturday. My first trip is scheduled for the 9th. Big boat goes in on the 22nd. Can't come soon enough!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wet the net said:

Is there good brown trout fishing on the west end near olcott , Wilson and near the niagara outflow?   Or is the best fishing for browns more east toward Oswego? 

There is good BT fishing up there. The Niagara puts out enough color.

• Like 1

Is there good brown trout fishing on the west end near olcott , Wilson and near the niagara outflow?   Or is the best fishing for browns more east toward Oswego? 

I can only speak for the Oswego and Mexico bay areas for that’s where I always fish. The brow trout fishing is phenomenal. Good luck this year man.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app