Hector NY

tim

Never fished Seneca and the whole family grand kids and all are renting a house there this summer for five days. Any pointers for that area so the grand kids can have some fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

few miles south you can go to Watkins glen park to hike up the beautiful gorge. another 30 miles or more you can go to the corning glass center for the day. another few miles away you can view our great history sites about the Sullivan Clinton march across our state during the American revolution 1779. check out the new town battle field site too. a beautiful site to see. if you get to horse heads NY. what a funny name. general Clinton killed a lot of horses during the war here. if you don't like history go to Ithaca and check out this area. plenty of things to do. not much around hector to do. just sip a little wine or visit some arts and grafts shops.  this part of New York state is a beautiful place to visit if you love history. its forgotten history. not many people know anything about it. this history help make New York State.

Edited by Ray4852

If you are heading North there is Sampson State Park with several playgrounds, a swimming beach, and a fishing pier.  Still further North at the north end of the lake in Geneva, is Seneca Lake State Park.  It also has several playgrounds and a swimming beach but my grand kids loved the water spray park.  Just FYI its for younger kids.  My grand kids are between the ages of 2 and 7.  There are also bike paths and a new welcome center that is very nice.   

If you are up north and have never seen a canal lock in operation the locks along the Cayuga Seneca Canal are a great place to visit.

If you get thirsty on the way up or back, Bottomless Brewing is a good place to rest, if its not to crowded, it has good beer and is kid friendly.  They have ping pong, shuffleboard and corn hole games all inside.  Keeps the grand kids occupied for a least a few cold ones. 

I hope you enjoy your trip.  The finger lakes are a beautiful place.