New Bill introduced in ny assembly

zern

I have to agree with Bandrus1. I'm a hunter and fisherman. Posting photos of a pile of dead coyotes or rabbits is not going to get you any victories. Non Hunters see a picture of dead coyotes and associate them with pets. This bill will not pass but in the age of technology where anything and everything can be posted online we need to be careful. That being said please keep killing coyotes and catching all the salmon and brown trout you please.

I have to agree with Bandrus1. I'm a hunter and fisherman. Posting photos of a pile of dead coyotes or rabbits is not going to get you any victories. Non Hunters see a picture of dead coyotes and associate them with pets. This bill will not pass but in the age of technology where anything and everything can be posted online we need to be careful. That being said please keep killing coyotes and catching all the salmon and brown trout you please.

I have a perfect example of how our sport can be used against us by media I was a gunner for the Syracuse retriever club. We would shoot ( sometimes. Lol ) hand thrown pigeons and farm raised mallards for retriever trials. The Syracuse media asked to do a story on the trails. It ended up being a story on the cruelty of shooting “ innocent “ birds. We have to be aware of our enemies

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

Banrus is right on this one 

It's a new day.  People are looking for a reason to be offended . Our kids are programmed in school.

And Cuomo cozys up to the environmentalists like he did with the lake level thing . 

We have to watch out . This could be another way to chip away at the second amendment . 

Did anyone see the environmentalists want to give Lake Erie human rights ? 

I read this as wildlife not fish.  I can see their point quite easily, though I don't agree with it.  Anytime we kill fish or wildlife for money I do think it's a slippery slope.  Fishing tournaments are easily run without killing the fish anyway.  Bass fishing is HUGE money and they are penalized for dead fish.  Times change, public opinion changes, and we as sportsman are often our own worst enemies.  

True story My  12 year old son was on was on the school bus last year and he was talking with his friend about fishing for cat fish in the back yard, that mid morning I got a phone call from the Principal saying that a girl in the seat behind them found it offensive that they where catching fish for dinner.and they would have to stop talking about fishing on the bus. I contacted a friend who is a attorney and we went into see the principal and explained freedom of speech. and how he and the school will be sued. Is this what we want  to only be able to talk hunting and fishing in a back room when know one is around, this is what they want where do's it end no fishing photos of guys holding salmon, no hunting photos of that big buck you just shot. maybe this site should be shut down because it offensive to some. Is this what it has come to, I'll tell you what, you can stop showing photos, stop talking about hunting and fishing. but these people will still be out there to do ONE thing stop ALL hunting and fishing period. photos or not they are still coming.

• Like 1

True story My  12 year old son was on was on the school bus last year and he was talking with his friend about fishing for cat fish in the back yard, that mid morning I got a phone call from the Principal saying that a girl in the seat behind them found it offensive that they where catching fish for dinner.and they would have to stop talking about fishing on the bus. I contacted a friend who is a attorney and we went into see the principal and explained freedom of speech. and how he and the school will be sued. Is this what we want  to only be able to talk hunting and fishing in a back room when know one is around, this is what they want where do's it end no fishing photos of guys holding salmon, no hunting photos of that big buck you just shot. maybe this site should be shut down because it offensive to some. Is this what it has come to, I'll tell you what, you can stop showing photos, stop talking about hunting and fishing. but these people will still be out there to do ONE thing stop ALL hunting and fishing period. photos or not they are still coming.

I’m a school bus driver. Demand that that child’s seat be moved this is an ongoing problem on school buses. It’s the drivers call where a child sits , but the school super can assign a seat it’s all parent driven.

I can't see this passing. Cuomo, I can't believe I'm saying this, has been a proponent for fishing tournaments. He's signed deals with Bassmaster to come to NYS with their Elite trail every year. Last year he signed a deal to guarantee they come for 3 or 4 consecutive years. Something that BASS has never done, and they ask for quite a bit of money from the state/counties for these events to come to a place. He understands what events like this bring to small towns located on lakes and rivers.

As for the hunting contests......well ya'll know the world we live in now. You get your balls busted for putting a picture of a buck you harvested on social media.

• Like 2

I think that the issue is killing for fun. Hunting for food is not what this is about.
I love tournament fishing, but at the same time, it is upsetting to me how much fish gets thrown out.
It would make me a lot happier if the tournament organizers could add a fish donation service as part of event.

I was a commercial fisherman on Lake Erie for fourteen years . The media crucified us for everything. They turned public opinion against until we were unemployed. Meanwhile the USA imports three trilllion dollars of seafood annually. People with screw ball ideas usually end up getting their way because the media falls for their stupid ideas especially when wildlife and fish are involved. Do not sit back and let uninformed people take over the media and the fake news they put out .