New Bill introduced in ny assembly

zern

And we are run by downstate . 

And there now is a democratic majority in the state legislature . 

A few backroom deals are made and it passes . 

We are the back 40 of the state . 

God help us if the Electoral College is not used anymore . The country will be run by the population centers . States like Wyoming and South Dakota will have no voice . 

Have I ever mentioned we would make a great 51st state ? 

40 minutes ago, HB2 said:

And we are run by downstate . 

And there now is a democratic majority in the state legislature . 

A few backroom deals are made and it passes . 

We are the back 40 of the state . 

God help us if the Electoral College is not used anymore . The country will be run by the population centers . States like Wyoming and South Dakota will have no voice . 

Have I ever mentioned we would make a great 51st state ? 

Do you honestly believe that 57 Californians should have the same representation in the senate as one Wyomingite? That is the way it is now. In my book it says :"One man one vote". Why should one Wyomingite have the voting power of 57 Californians?

Is that what you want god to help us with?

As for your 51 state, you had better leave Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse and Albany out of your 51 state. If those cities were part of it, it would be a democrat run state.

Edited by rolmops

43 minutes ago, rolmops said:

Do you honestly believe that 57 Californians should have the same representation in the senate as one Wyomingite? That is the way it is now. In my book it says :"One man one vote". Why should one Wyomingite have the voting power of 57 Californians?

As for your 51 state, you had better leave Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse and Albany out of your 51 state. If those cities were part of it, it would be a democrat run state.

Californians voted in Nancy Pelosi.......  They shouldn't get any votes.  

California and New York have the largest numbers of people fleeing to other states because of their policies. Stripping the electoral college process and giving these states more influence over the country's policies as a whole doesn't make any sense. This is or at least was a Republic, ensuring the dumbed down masses couldn't crush the minority, which will be country folk in a generation or two. 

44 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

Californians voted in Nancy Pelosi.......  They shouldn't get any votes.  

You are right! Californians should have their voting rights removed! They are evil followers of evil Nancy. They like to get hen pecked!

But seriously, Their will always be a minority, be it Republican or Democratic. That is why we have a constitution that protects the rights of minorities.

35 minutes ago, Kingfisher06 said:

California and New York have the largest numbers of people fleeing to other states because of their policies. Stripping the electoral college process and giving these states more influence over the country's policies as a whole doesn't make any sense. This is or at least was a Republic, ensuring the dumbed down masses couldn't crush the minority, which will be country folk in a generation or two. 

This is still a republic, a democratic one. Personally I do not know who is dumbed down, although I do agree that an IQ of 90 is a lot more common than an IQ of 110 and as long as politicians cater to the lowest common denominator on that scale, the dumbing down will continue. Just do not think that the minority is smarter. If they were, they would be the majority

Edited by rolmops

So if one state has more electoral votes than another they are considered equal? So during the election when they add up all the electoral votes to find out who is president, all the states are equal? I dont get it ..

Silverfoxcharters.net

14 hours ago, rolmops said:

If  in your "book" you really believe " "one man one vote" then you better re-read the footnotes at the end of the book where it factually states "one man one vote from a legal US citizen. Your idea of the whole state of Wyoming's  majority of tax paying/legal voting US citizens should "not have the power over the 57,000 ???+++++ Californians that are not US Citizens who are given the same benefits is .........Wrong................ Wyoming like most every other state is filled with legal immigrants who came from the Netherlands,Germany,Italy,Poland and EVERY other country in this world, NOT your idea of the MAJORITY of the 10,000 of thousands of Illegal people coming mostly to California & N.Y. ( Not Wyoming ) and are mainly ONLY from central/South America now.

Sorry for my political rant ( I know better ) BUT I strongly believe in every single person on this sites history of family legal immigration from every country in the world over your new 'Progressive band wagon view" of "look at how many new people/totals  are in California & N.Y. now from immigration from a bunch of central/South American countries ONLY .

Sad that my personal view cares more about your family legal history AND uncertain future than you do ....... 

Sorry folks but enuff of this logic of trying to treat this current U.S.A situation/path forward with past common sense history..

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL
  • Like 3

This has mostly to do with the senate,although there is also inequality of vote value between states because of population differences,but much less so.Montana as of 2019 has about 1.1 million people . California as of 2018 has slightly over 40 million people. 1 Montana senator represents half a million people while one California senator represents 20 million people. Yet their votes equal value. This is great if you live in Montana, not so much if you live in California.

The electoral college has similar problems . This was shown during the last election where the popular vote was 3 million votes in Clinton's favor while because of the electoral college representation Trump won.The original idea of Electoral College was working well a hundred years ago. Now because of population shifts to different areas it no longer does that great of a job

33 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

So if one state has more electoral votes than another they are considered equal? So during the election when they add up all the electoral votes to find out who is president, all the states are equal? I dont get it ..

Silverfoxcharters.net

This has mostly to do with the senate,although there is also inequality of vote value between states because of population differences,but much less so.Montana as of 2019 has about 1.1 million people . California as of 2018 has slightly over 40 million people. 1 Montana senator represents half a million people while one California senator represents 20 million people. Yet their votes equal value. This is great if you live in Montana, not so much if you live in California.

The electoral college has similar problems . This was shown during the last election where the popular vote was 3 million votes in Clinton's favor while because of the electoral college representation Trump won.The original idea of Electoral College was working well a hundred years ago. Now because of population shifts to different areas it no longer does that great of a job

Jerry what makes you think that there are no illegal immigrants on the oil patch and in the dairy farms in Wyoming?

When Los Angeles , Chicago , and New York city are running the country , God help us . The majority of the population lives there. And can we say they are " smarter" with what goes on in these places ? 

I am more concerned about this GREEN NEW DEAL that is coming . 

They want us to use no fossil fuels . If and when this gets implemented at least in some part , the price of gas / diesel will skyrocket . 

What will that do to our fishery and economy as a whole when gas is $5 to $8 ? 

Nothing happens overnight.

The green new deal is a nice idea and just like every other new idea it will get watered down and bits and pieces become part of our lives. Just as fossil fuel will slowly become less important. Our fishery may well profit of a cleaner world. The economy will develop along new lines. Remember, When the stone age ended and the bronze age started almost 4000 years ago. the stone artisans thought that the world and the economy would suffer greatly.

Edited by rolmops

There absolutely is some illegal immigrants ( an absolute minuscule % compared to the farming/agricultural ) industries of California & N.Y.  . The difference is the shear numbers of NEW lets say "populations" of illegal southern immigration, again mainly from a hand full of the same countries, NOT worldwide as it was and still should be.

Plus Wyoming for example does not look to import these  immigrations of people to work in the oil/gas industry and give them every legal right as a current US citizen like again California & N.Y.  The oil/gas industry is one of the highest paying jobs you can vacate your current state from and move to. AGAIN in my opinion this new constant wave of illegal immigration comes here to do the jobs that Americans are not willing to do and receive the same if not more in benefits ilegaly with government protection I might add in the form of "Sanctuary cities" ( Sanctuary cities are in California & N.Y.  NOT Wyoming) with that said to your point, Most legal Americans are willing to move to Wyoming for 6 $$$ figure a year job and abide by all US laws and very limited at best illegal immigrants are in Wyoming and the entire central part of the U.S.A. (to lesser extent).

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Jerry, I think that we are looking for the same things. We just disagree about how to get those things. Our ways may be different, but our goals are not. I have said enough about this subject.

I have not. Did you just say the new green deal is a nice idea? As they say in Duck Dynasty..."he gone".

Jerry, I think that we are looking for the same things. We just disagree about how to get those things. Our ways may be different, but our goals are not. I have said enough about this subject.

Silverfoxcharters.net

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rolmops said:

Agreed,

But I have honestly never experienced having "near the same goals" on anything in my life while having incredibly different ways/philosophies and conversations on how to get there with a large population . My opinion is there is way less communication, negotiations and compromise these days and Talking personal politics is a very tricky heartfelt situation. Always has been. 

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

I have not. Did you just say the new green deal is a nice idea? As they say in Duck Dynasty..."he gone".

23 minutes ago, rolmops said:

Scott you are going to be, if not already, The " rollmops II"  of life and Lake Ontario United....................

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

If  in your "book" you really believe " "one man one vote" then you better re-read the footnotes at the end of the book where it factually states "one man one vote from a legal US citizen. Your idea of the whole state of Wyoming's  majority of tax paying/legal voting US citizens should "not have the power over the 57,000 ???+++++ Californians that are not US Citizens who are given the same benefits is .........Wrong................ Wyoming like most every other state is filled with legal immigrants who came from the Netherlands,Germany,Italy,Poland and EVERY other country in this world, NOT your idea of the MAJORITY of the 10,000 of thousands of Illegal people coming mostly to California & N.Y. ( Not Wyoming ) and are mainly ONLY from central/South America now.
Sorry for my political rant ( I know better ) BUT I strongly believe in every single person on this sites history of family legal immigration from every country in the world over your new 'Progressive band wagon view" of "look at how many new people/totals  are in California & N.Y. now from immigration from a bunch of central/South American countries ONLY .

Sad that my personal view cares more about your family legal history AND uncertain future than you do ....... 

Sorry folks but enuff of this logic of trying to treat this current U.S.A situation/path forward with past common sense history..

Jerry
RUNNIN REBEL

Great post

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

The $174,000 is only the "entry fee" to the  REAL MONEY...the stuff that is "under the table" and hidden from public view just as the backroom decisions are....

Man, I love this country. Seriously. We've got people on either side of the table who can promote their viewpoints just about anywhere without fear of being shot or hauled away to jail, that doesn't happen everywhere. Yeah, I think that some of those viewpoints are strongly mistaken, and I hate to be second dog to downstate, but at least we're not muzzled. 

And the stereotype of a redneck fisherman who can't hold two thoughts in his head gets blown wide open on this board. There are some seriously deep, considered opinions on here. I'm proud to be a part of LOU.

• Like 1

Very good points Keith. In 1963 I took an oath to uphold and defend to the death if necessary the U.S. Constitution and I feel exactly the same about that oath as I did back then. Despite some of our shortcomings which seem to center around greed and personal ambitions taking over logic and reason we still are a wonderful and generous nation with freedoms that cannot be taken for granted.

NEVER VOTE DEMOCRAT. They take away FREEDOMS, period. This Country was founded on freedom, but the government keeps making our freedom ILLEGAL. Since the Democrats took total control of the government in November, there will be much more coming our way. Sorry, but politics is critical nowadays whether you like it or not. State by state, we are losing the country as we know it. All encouraged and supported by the Democrat party, You think illegal immigration has no bearing on you? In Wisconsin the new Democrat governor will give drivers licenses to illegals now. You know they will vote, and they will vote Democrat. Turning these Red States blue.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1