New Bill introduced in ny assembly

zern

Just as counties across the country are becoming Sanctuary counties for Gun Rights, we may need to go this route to protect ALL our freedoms from the Democrats. Evidently this includes fishing and hunting tournaments. The bill reads "taking" OR hunting of Wildlife. Fish are Wildlife. And even if the bill is only intended for hunting, does it make it acceptable? If you answer yes, you certainly don't value freedom. If it were left to you and your kind, we would still be under the rule of the Brits.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Back to the introduced bill....the takeaway here should be that we as sportsman can do a better job promoting our way of life. We give the antis so much of the ammo that they use against us. This is certainly not about party lines this about how non sportsmen view what we do. Lucky and bsmaster are spot on! Ive competed in these events and won a few predator hunts and KNOW first hand how these hunts bring out the worst in us. Do I think we need a law making them illegal? Absolutely not, but we shouldn't kid ourselves and think new laws are formed by public opinion and A LOT of what we do doesn't have good optics.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

20 hours ago, garrymny said:

Just as counties across the country are becoming Sanctuary counties for Gun Rights, we may need to go this route to protect ALL our freedoms from the Democrats. Evidently this includes fishing and hunting tournaments. The bill reads "taking" OR hunting of Wildlife. Fish are Wildlife. And even if the bill is only intended for hunting, does it make it acceptable? If you answer yes, you certainly don't value freedom. If it were left to you and your kind, we would still be under the rule of the Brits.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/lawssrch.cgi?NVLWO:

This proposal only applies to wildlife

Fish are  NOT Wildlife.

Fish and Wildlife Law has  a section of definitions and the actual law (11-0103 6.a.)  reads:  “6. a. "Wildlife" means wild game and all other animal life existing in a wild state, except fish, shellfish and crustacea.”

Edited by Lucky13

Seems the bill needs to be revised so this topic is more species defined and intent specific and/or a new bill so the tournament can't be a cash and grab for tournament directors .. Tournaments like the LOC and winter/summer Classics are built so the tournament director fills his pockets.. At most there should be a percentage given to the director of the tournament to cover their costs the rest to the anglers and/or charity 

20 minutes ago, Karma4FK said:

Seems the bill needs to be revised so this topic is more species defined and intent specific and/or a new bill so the tournament can't be a cash and grab for tournament directors .. Tournaments like the LOC and winter/summer Classics are built so the tournament director fills his pockets.. At most there should be a percentage given to the director of the tournament to cover their costs the rest to the anglers and/or charity 

I thought the Summer Classic and Winter classic didn't make much money because of all the expenses? 

• Like 1

It is really aggravating to read comments about how democrats are evil and not to be trusted. Mostly because they are based on hatred and not on reality

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No, they are completely based on reality.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HB2 said:

Is the LOC private ? 

Yes.  I have no problem with a guy making a living off of a fishing tournament.  The money paid out in the LOC is good if you win or place in the top spot in each division.  We also have to choice to fish these tournaments.  I choose to fish the LOC but not the Classics.  

Edited by GAMBLER

2 hours ago, Karma4FK said:

I would say that that depends on the structure of the Tournament.  If the organization is a 501c (3) Not for Profit,  then there should be a defined salary structure for employees of the corporation, and anything over that should be devoted to the mission of the Not for Profit.  That said, aren’t there a ton of Not for Profits out there that pay their director’s nearly obscene wages?  Think of Channel 21 NPR in Rochester where the CEIO makes at least 275K per year and they are still out at least twice a year with their hands out for donations, even with taxpayer support.  And HMO’s are” Not for Profit”, but execs are making beaucoup dollars.  I was never crazy about Schleyer, because he basically walked off with the tournament that had been set up as a Not for Profit with the Rochester Schools and converted it to his own little money making machine.  But I think the current LOC is a standard business, so why should they have to give back more than what the pay in taxes?  Should Charter captains have to give back part of the daily fee because they are using a public resource for commercial gain?  An operation like Barcley’s might be being taxed as waterfront property at a higher rate, but should he also be limited in what he can make?

As to specific definition, the bill is worded so if you come up with a new contest outside of what is being done now involving wildlife (already defined in the law for those who can or will read),  it is prohibited.

This bill just proves that when two areas of a state are so completely different  that they should not longer be ruled as one state.  Somebody from one of the largest cities on Earth has zero understanding of the lifestyle of rural people and just the same rural people can't understand the challenges in living in a large city.  So why should one decision be forced for such dramatically different life styles,  This bill is NYC people stating the life views based on their environment on people who don't share their life style.  If this is continue just being one state then more laws and rules need to be created at a local / county level and less at a state level.  State laws need to be made only for situations that are common for the whole state.

1 hour ago, chinook35 said:

Totally agree. Pelosi , Schumer and all their cronies should be sent to the gulag

How about this crowd of patriotic law abiding citizens?

Donald J Trump

Donald J Trump Jr.

Eric Trump

Ivanka Trump

Jared Kushner

Paul Manafort

Rick Gates

Michael Flynn

Michael Cohen

George Papadopolos

Alex Van der Zwaan

Richard Pinedo

Asking for a friend...

Hop

Edited by Hopkinz

Isn't funny these folks are all republicans, crooked as the day is long. Lets just blame the democrats for everything that is wrong with our  country because that's the trump way. Just to be clear, I am not a democrat or a republican. I am not a liberal or conservative. I believe in doing what's right for all people. Just my 2 cents for all you haters out there. You are many. If you want to make America great again, you have to know what made us great to begin with.

• Like 1

Actually both parties are totally useless and dysfunctional. The two party system no longer works. A strong third party might shake things up enough to reboot the system.

10 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

I say we just let Scott settle it.
Whatever he says goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yeah that should end it!!!  Let's pick the nuclear option.