The wrong way to coyote hunt

RUNNIN REBEL

20 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Hammered lol, what a joke. I enjoy hunting coyotes. I don’t care what others think about it, their approval is meaningless.
Hunting and fishing are a passion for me and my family. Video games and Facebook are a much bigger issue in this country but to each his own.
This site is dedicated to sharing and celebrating something we love. It won’t go away or be diminished by some panty waste leftist whiners.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I agree, but the houndsmen that taught me so much almost 30 years ago were quick to point out that many aspects of fur taking would not necessarily be socially acceptable to much of mainstream society reaching well beyond just liberals.  It was the opinions of these old timers that we keep things to ourselves so as not to chance our way of life.  Basically anything beyond killing for food they felt was at risk.  For example, fur taking, selling fur, population control, etc all slippery slopes.   

We used to video treed and bayed critters, especially bear and they definitely didn't want the average person to see those videos.  They were right too because we did end up losing our bear dog season and it's still not legal to hunt bears with dogs.  So maybe if we really love our heritage we should care how we are viewed...even by liberal whiners.  

I just find having to tip toe through the snowflakes to enjoy our way of life just giving in to these parasites and a slap to our heritage and how we survived. But hey what do I know😂😂

Appearances matter. And since the majority of folks aren't in our corner, we need to be aware that they matter. We don't have to agree with it; this isn't a judgement call. Fair or not, it's the world we live in. So yeah, we can do whatever we want, post whatever we want, call people names and antagonize them...it just means that the end will come faster. We are in the minority and dwindling fast. From an evolutionary perspective, making ourselves a target on purpose doesn't seem like the wisest choice. But what do I know? Maybe it's better to go down in flames than to fade away...

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

Appearances matter. And since the majority of folks aren't in our corner, we need to be aware that they matter. We don't have to agree with it; this isn't a judgement call. Fair or not, it's the world we live in. So yeah, we can do whatever we want, post whatever we want, call people names and antagonize them...it just means that the end will come faster. We are in the minority and dwindling fast. From an evolutionary perspective, making ourselves a target on purpose doesn't seem like the wisest choice. But what do I know? Maybe it's better to do down in flames than to fade away...
Yeah what he said!

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Appearances matter. And since the majority of folks aren't in our corner, we need to be aware that they matter. We don't have to agree with it; this isn't a judgement call. Fair or not, it's the world we live in. So yeah, we can do whatever we want, post whatever we want, call people names and antagonize them...it just means that the end will come faster. We are in the minority and dwindling fast. From an evolutionary perspective, making ourselves a target on purpose doesn't seem like the wisest choice. But what do I know? Maybe it's better to do down in flames than to fade away...
Yeah what he said!

Bring on those pictures! You know I'm a fan, Billy. 

Pictures of kids who are enjoying themselves outdoor is IMHO priceless. I think you'd be hard pressed to offend a reasonable person with those. And the zealots are beyond convincing anyway. They're going to weaponize outrage no matter what. But we all know there's a line somewhere...it usually differs from person to person. For me, it's when sportsmen stop treating their quarry with respect. I think that by being mindful of this, we can avoid making it easy for our enemies to demonize us. 

I personally have never seen a picture on this site that I thought was offensive, blood, guts and all. But that's me, and what do I know? I swear I spend most of my life asking that same question lol.

We should have got a picture of him trying to drag that deer out all by himself. What a warrior!  I'm not sure I've ever seen somebody so excited without peeing themselves lol.

Hey, I get it. Late term abortion is fashionable but fishing and hunting are offensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
It's not that I feel any different than you...trust me!!! But I know we are not the majority on many of the issues we hold so dear! Just because we were raised one way in one environment and others were raised differently in a different environment doesn't make either right or wrong no matter how loud we shout our opinion...our system is and has always been compromise and therefore we just can't ignore how we are viewed because we don't see a problem with our way of life. Nobody is really going to change their minds on either side...

• Like 1