Dual Console 20-22' fiberglass boat for trolling

Netbender

As the snow flies, my mind drifts to a question on a dual console. I have been looking for awhile now, and nothing jumps out to me that I can afford! 

Recommendations on a fiberglass dual console boat that can be set up for trolling in and around the 21' range? 

Dave

Edited by superhawk18

I have a 2004 Wellcraft 220 Sportsman dual console.  Absolutely love it.  Would like to get a custom hard top made for it someday.  Can trailer anywhere (i trailer from sackets harbor to Wilson and Erie PA a few times a year), cruise around on a nice day with 6-7 people, or can hard core fish 4 guys and 8 rods.  Let me know if you want any more info.

IMG_9451.thumb.JPG.5216e8811e74b3330a46498b5e6a4814.JPGIMG_9346.thumb.JPG.c142d4c8af03f37c9a59d74febbade80.JPGIMG_9589.thumb.JPG.da4fc0636d9f7c2a0a41cc1cc6e61259.JPG

IMG_9527.JPG

I do have to say though, before I bought this rig, I was on the lookout for a Striper 2101 dual console, just couldnt find one in my price range.  They are set up very similarly, just minus a foot or two.  Mine is 23' LOA with the pulpit.

Edited by CK3080

Thanks CK3080, nice set up. I will check a few out.Thank you for the pictures, always helpful.

I can't believe the Striper CC needs 35 inches of water to float. How can that be?

Thanks CK3080, nice set up. I will check a few out.Thank you for the pictures, always helpful.

I can't believe the Striper CC needs 35 inches of water to float. How can that be?

They are a very deep bowed boat, they use the same hull for their walkarounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Frogger said:

Have you taken a look at this boat?

2015 Proline 22 DC reduced
https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/75700-2015-Proline-22-DC-reduced

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yeah that one is a nice dual console any a very fair price. Might be a liittle light on power for some though

Have you taken a look at this boat?

2015 Proline 22 DC reduced
https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/75700-2015-Proline-22-DC-reduced

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

This looks like a great rig at a very good price. Would wonder about perfomance with that 150 as stated above, but those zukes are typically overperformers from what I’ve read. Great enginees.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you really want to do it right and have the $$$ here is one to think about :smile: https://www.bostonwhaler.com/family-overview/vantage-boat-models/230-vantage/

(although I'd eliminate the sink if I had one built:lol:)

Edited by Sk8man

2 hours ago, CK3080 said:

Although I believe they dropped production starting in 2010, the Boston Whaler Ventura 210 would be a great model to consider if you can find a good used 2000s era for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have the 18 ft Ventura (2002) and love it. I believe the major reason they discontinued the Ventura  and went to the Vantage (same hull design) was because the Ventura was not competitive price wise with that class of boat (expensive and many boats available cheaper in that class). The hull design is pretty much the Outrage (offshore boat) hull with a dual console top and it is very seaworthy. I have NEVER had a drop of water in it other than rain and it has been set up for both fishing and pleasure all along. It sits high in the water and I can go into less than 1 ft of water with the motor up. This model seems more equivalent to a next size up boat because they are wide and deep (freeboard). I only have the one pic of my boat in the water  so it has been on here before :lol:. I also had a dodger made for the front with zip out windows and privacy curtain etc. for the ladies (porta potty fits upfront between seats if needed) if needed and bow cover, side windows for the bimini so the cabin can be closed off in the foul weather too. Pretty much does everything I could ask of it but the custom canvas has to be thought through in terms of flexibility and cost ($6,000 or so altogether). 6 ft and 200 lbs and can stand on the gunwales without it moving at all and several people can stand on one side without it listing to the side like a lot of even larger boats do. All my fishing gear (downriggers outriggers, rod holders etc. is removable. The only holes drilled in it were for the transducer mounting plate depth finder on dash and the kicker bracket. Except for the kicker bracket if needed to sell for pleasure craft it would appear pretty much "untouched". P.S. no intention of ever selling and I don't have any affiliation with Boston Whaler other than being in love:lol:

boatside.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Hey Superhawk,  I have a 19' Seabreeze WT/ 90hp Yami 4stk. (130 hrs) Check out this model , Seabreeze boats  Canada. 19" draft, very stable, great riding boat for Lake O. This boat has been featured on the Canadian sports channel. Am considering possible sale. Check it out, you may be quite surprised in a positive manner.  Willi

All great feedback, and thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond. The more I get into, the more I am thinking of spending the $$$. This will most likely be my last boat investment (maybe). BW and GW seem to come up every time I look closer. I am happy with my 18 now, just need more room after 10 years of gathering equipment. Thinking the glass will provide a better over all ride the aluminum.  Will continue to look.....thanks!

Thanks Bill another good reason to hang on to it paid over twice that high book valuefor it new:lol:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1