Fish Hawk X-4

Iceman

Just received my new X-4 provbe & wanted to share the differencees from the old probe. Two times the signal strength, with less interference. 100 hour battery life from 4 AA batteries. The unit is almost 3" shorter, & about the same diameter. The electronic portion is completely sealed in clear plastic, & it can't get wet anymore. The probe turns on automatically when submersed in water & shuts off when removed from water, no more unplugging the batteries. A Flashing Red Light Emmiting Diode indicated the unit is on.

X-411-17-08001.jpg

X-411-17-08007.jpg

Iceman, thanks for the post. I'm thinking about buying the X-4 as well. Early reports from Michigan look real good from what I have read. The probe is compatible with the old units in that all that needs replaced is the probe itself? Is that correct-Duane

Chin;

You are correct, just hang the new probe in place of the old one & you are good to go. Got mine @ Fish307 for $249 + shipping.

Lake Ontario users say the unit now functions in a very stable manner, especially in rough water or high currents. These are the places where I had trouble maintaining a stable temp & speed with the old probe. I am very much looking forward to using it if we get a couple of warm days before winter sets in fully, if not then, definately in the Spring.

John

Hey Guys,

I recieved the X-4 probe this past season & the new probe works Great.The x-4 logic is slower than the old units so the speed is much more stable, it performs much like the Moor sub troll . The temperature is normally right on! The down speed appears to be about 2-3 tenths per mph slower than actual. You'll find that 1.8-1.9 down speed will be suitable for that fall salmon trolling speed. Running my older probe (which performed well) would calcuate a 2.0-2.2 down speed for the same conditions. Also the battery life is super(with quality batteries). Of course not being sure, but the flashing LED light may be fish attractor!! Next , how about an E Chip Probe??? Capt Randy --- Hit or Miss Charters

I have had the same exoeriences. Purchased a new probe in August and used it for the fall derby. It tracks great and was compatable with my current 840 head unit. The new head unit has a much larger display- hopefully I will be able to purchase that as well for this upcoming season

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello!

Does any of you know if it is possible to change from US temp and speed mode to European setting (Celsius and knots)?

/N

Yes, temp is in degrees of fahrenheit or celsius and speed is in mph or knots or kph.

the default is fahrenheit and mph.

This data is out of the x4 owners manual.

hope this helps.