Thoughts on P-Line flouroclear

Thinking about running 12 lb as mainline on my speing brown setups.  Thoughts?  I’d still run flouro leaders but curious as to durability after being pinched in releases over and over.  

I use 20lb braid and 40 feet of 12lb P Line floroclear with FG  Knot so Braid will be in release Riggers only on the boards 12lb mono with 15feet of fluorocarbon 10lb 

Edited by zipnzim

I used P-Line back in my early 20's while fishing Bass tourneys. Nice stuff, but it's horrible when it comes to abrasion residence. When a nick does occur it's gonna break. There are lots of better brands out there. Seaguar Blue is great. We use Seagar Salmon and Trout on all our meat rigs. Our preferred leader material has been McCoy Fluoro 100 for about 10-12 years now. The stuff is tough!

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 7:35 PM, rhorst77 said:

Thinking about running 12 lb as mainline on my speing brown setups.  Thoughts?  I’d still run flouro leaders but curious as to durability after being pinched in releases over and over.  

Ive used it and its ok. PLine makes decent products. The thing to remember about floroclear is it is a fluoro coated product. It is far from a 100% fluoro leader material. You would be better off spooling with quality mono and leadering up with short piece of quality fluoro.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 6:12 AM, Legacy said:

Ive used it and its ok. PLine makes decent products. The thing to remember about floroclear is it is a fluoro coated product. It is far from a 100% fluoro leader material. You would be better off spooling with quality mono and leadering up with short piece of quality fluoro.

What he said. 15’ Trilene big game green mono with a Seaguar fluoro leader for clear water. In green water my leader is 12 lb green Trilene XL.