niagara 3/14

Guest ReelDiel

yuk...fished from 8-11 dropped one. water is teribble and getting worse. ;( very stained and high flow. seen one other boat hook up in devils hole....oh well cant always kill'em....nice day anyway!!! ;)

Guest ReelDiel

yeah that first outflow at the head of artpark was crazy with run off it was actually shoting water like 6-10' in the air..i figured it might not be the past day but I don't really get to pick my days off....in the end it makes u a better fisherman anyway 8)

Hey guys , was there today too , got at the upper stella drift , i have been doing real good there , monday i got five from that drift , seems like a great kwikfish drift . Was there from like 8-1:00 . Reeldiel did someone ask you if you wanted a ride in the parking lot ?

DSC02220.jpg

A couple from monday

DSC02197.jpg

DSC02200.jpg

DSC02204.jpg

Hey guys........could I do this type of fishing out of my bass boat? I want to head up there, but for one I am too scared to run the river and secondly I dont know how to fish for them. Are my concerns for running the river valid? Can it get dangerous with shallow water areas?

Yankee, your Bass Boat would be just fine for the river. I wouldn't take it up in devil's hole. For the Artpark drifts and downstream all the way to the lake, it should be perfect. There really aren't any shallow spots or dangerous spots, the river is nice and uniform in that the further you travel from shore, the deeper it gets.

Check the other river posts for how to fish the river, there is a lot of good detail in the rigging, which is actually very simple. Just a three way rig that you drift along the bottom to present your kwikfish/eggs/minnow etc.

Guest ReelDiel

guys i get my work schedule on fridays and will be heading out at least once next week i don't know if during the week is good with u guys but ill let ya know. yt your boat would be fine