Hey guys, I have upgraded the fishing kayak to a boat this year and am putting together a couple more outfits to add to my trolling arsenal.  I have two new rod/ reel combos that can handle over 300 yards of 20# mono.  I have been told not to use braid, which is already on my walleye and brown trout rods, for salmon rods.  I would still like to use these new rods for walleye and trout but would just add long leaders of lighter line.   What brand and # line do you guys suggest for dipseys and downriggers?  

Wire for dipseys. When flees are in you’ll pull your hair if you dipseys aren’t on wire. Riggers, I keep simple. 30# big game with 20# Seagaur flourish leader. I use 20’. This is by no means gospel, just what I run. Seems to work ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Wire for dipseys. When flees are in you’ll pull your hair if you dipseys aren’t on wire. Riggers, I keep simple. 30# big game with 20# Seagaur flourish leader. I use 20’. This is by no means gospel, just what I run. Seems to work ok.

Can’t spell.

30# Bloodrun Sea Flee mono with 20 lb Seaguar fluoro leader on riggers, 30 lb 7 strand wire for dipsys.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

I run wire on the Dipsey rods but this year I am going to try 50lb power braid.  Supposedly the fleas won't stick to it as they drove me nuts last year.  On my diver rods currently I use 7 strand wire 30lb. and on the end of the wire I put on about 35-40ft of braid that way I can wind the wire all the way on to the reels and you dn't get any kinks.