Back to Quinte- Personal Best / pic

Headed up to Quinte at 1:30 am on thursday in hope to fish all day thursday-monday. Broke down (water pump) north of watertown at 3am and waited at a nice and easy until a tow truck could pick me and the landshark lund up at 8am. Towed me to a garge fixed it. was back on the rd by noon and 300 dollars later. Spent thurs night just relaxing and prepping for thursday. Fished with my local buddy up there and we boated a few fish and tried "one last troll" in a different area. 900 series reef runner with 2 oz of snap weight 50 ft above the leader and 160ft off the board. We were fishing in 35 fow when I figured the lure finally got hung. I was correct, hung inside a 13.2 lb mouth of a yellow bellied sabre toothed shad eating machine. :D The fish was 32.25 inches long and had a girth just over 18.5 inches. I spent the next 3 days working one area. Between my boat and the partner boat we managed about 20 fish. 3 over 11lbs a couple over 10 alot in the 9's. and so on and son on. I think I have one trip left in me up there. I absolutely love it there. The chance to get a trophy like this one.

Picture.jpg

Great fish Mike! Welcome to the "13" club.. now we've really got our work cut out for us! I spent Sat. in the pouring rain on the river.. and Sun. in the gale force wind! Not much competition for spots down there! Still slow, but pickin' away at them. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

that eye isnt as old as you think (ontarion eyes can reach 10lbs in 3 years with the right conditions). the 10lbers aren't as good as the 20" but they are still tasty if you clean em up good (I soak mine in milk the night before I cook them)

Johnny whats with the moose knuckle avatar? do you brew?

That's a great fish bud! I'm sure instead of a 5 gallon pail it fought like a 6 gallon pail! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This all coming from a guy who wears crocs and catches bass for fun. Why did you go bass fishing, sunfish werent hitting?

Its #1 because it is the most abundant fish spread throughout the country and guys with lil to no skill can catch them. :lol: Think about it. Anytime you want to spend a day on oneida, you fish for walleye and i'll fish for bass to see who gets more, you just let me know mister

Excellent job Mike, your on the list for induction into the Ancient Order Of The Society Of Pirates........see you at the Gathering February month. We will all be there, G. Man from Idaho, my Captain Mike from the Keys, Fred from Wyoming, Gabe from Michigan, the two Tylors from Arizona and Maryland, Jeff from Missouri , Max from Tyonek, all the legends, we will all be there. This will be a great time to celebrate you.

Rogue