Transom Trolling Bar

mrk61

I’m considering adding a Traxtech transom trolling bar across the back of my 21’ Hydrasports WA. I currently run two Cannon Digitroll 10’s mounted to tracks on both gunnels. Would like to add a 3rd DR to the spread and thinking the transom bar would be a less cluttered alternative. Boat is powered by a 150 HP outboard.
Does anyone use such a system and what are the pros and cons?
Thank you very much!
-Mike

https://www.walleyetacklestore.com/traxstech-removable-8-trolling-bar-with-two-4-1-2-reverse-risers-and-two-mt-6-end-caps-drbr-8-6/

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've got the Traxtech trolling bar on my 97 Penn Yan 22ft Outrage. It was an expensive way to get a 3rd rigger on a new to me boat back in 2013. Boat has a big storage compartment that stretches for about 3 to 4 feet along transom area where you would want to mount a middle rigger. Valuable storage too that I did't want to lose. So I went with the trolling bar as a way to mount that middle rigger and keep the storage compartment. Its very sturdy as a mount for the rigger. Its a track so I have a traxtech rod holder on far left and right ends that i usually will use for my outdown rigger rods. I've got 48" traxtech track on starboard and port gunnels for outdown riggers and 4 ajustable rod holders on each side..Dipseys and board rods are run off the gunnel track rod holders. The boat is a I/O with a dog house.Anyhow love the setup it catches lots of fish. No regrets on the trolling bar.