LOU Mobile Edition - Now Live!

hey Chad

great site! The one thing that you might want to look into is optimizing it for mobile web browsers too.

I use my WinMobile phone a lot and while some of the 'other' sites set up well when selecting the fit-to-screen option, the topic lists on LOU are impossible to read (compressed horizontally down to nil) and you have to switch between desktop view in topics list and then back to 'Fit' within the topic, or else constantly scroll sideways when reading.

in either view the topic column gets cut off though...

Hey Nitro -

Thanks for the headsup! Funny you mention that cause one of our "top secret" projects now for a while (since May of this year) has been working on code name "MOBILE LOU". This is basically a slimmed down version of the LOU site that only displays if the user is trying to access the site via a mobile device (such as the WinMobile device you described). The idea I had here was to allow for instant fishing reports while live on the water! I have put it up for those with phones to try out and see how they like it. If you could, respond to this message FROM YOUR PHONE using the new LOU Mobile site. You should see the little "mobile live" icon that it displays. Instant Live fishing reports is available to anyone who has a phone. By default the system will recognize that you are browsing the website from a mobile device and display the proper format allowing for instant fishing reports.

Thanks again Nitro!

Chad

hey Chad

I'm logged in on the mobile (as usual). This is killer! Lovin the mobile app. Seems to work really well: formats perfectly and pics resize nicely too. looking forward to sqandering even more of my workdays now!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Wow guys - that really looks nice! Thanks for testing out the response there for me. It shows a cool little "Posted from my mobile device" icon as expected. It should be REALLY fast as well as we have stripped out all the images (except for those native to the post itself) and made the mobile site entirely text/css based. Well I hope you enjoy it! Now you can take LOU everywhere you want. Should be really handy to check fishing reports WHILE you are actually out on the water.

Cheers -

Chad

One quick question guys (those who can access the site via phone) - is the site width taking up the entire screen on your phone (like it should)? Or is there some empty white space to the right? Hopefully I fixed that issue but it tough cause I can't really test it easily.

Thanks for the help!

Chad

By the way I "split" this topic into its own new topic incase you were wondering.

Thank you guys - I am glad you all like it. We are trying to stay ahead of the technology curve here (or at least even with it) and the LOU Mobile feature will certainly bring a new meaning to the word "live" on this site!