2019 "Reelin' for a cure" Ladies Tournament

This annual event is a very real Ladies fishing tournament with a fund raising theme. The benefactors are chosen for their work with Womens Cancer issues/challenges. The first 2 years approx 5K was raised for Mary's Wig Room, and The Breast Cancer Network of WNY respectively. Last year, due to great participation and generosity over 10K was raised for "Look Good Feel Better". This years benefactor chosen by a committee of volunteers is "Hope For Two"--the pregnant with cancer network. This years date is Friday August 16th. Competition ends at Noon with the awards, food/after party/chinese auction to follow. Teams of 2 to 6 ladies can register with their own boat or inquire about being placed with one of the volunteer boats. The entry fee is $250 per team.    

Any correspondence please direct to:  For sponsorship or donation info, list of rules, and to register go to reelinforacure.com

For updates visit facebook @ reelin' for a cure.  Questions can be directed to email-- [email protected]   

• Like 3

That's great to hear. Have you fished it before?
No, but a good friend did and I want to get in. It's a great cause and (selfishly) a great way to support the cause. I did a veterans trip on Erie last year and it was beyond humbling to be able to help make somebody's day. Made me thankful for the things I have and I want to share. This tourney is something I NEED to do.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Team Legacy Ladies will be there again!

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, mountain, sky, shorts, outdoor, water and nature

NO WONDER your ladies put the smack down on the Kings last year! Ours were dancing and drinking mimosas! Good stuff Rob, it's all about raising money for great causes, showing them our great fishery, introducing many ladies to the team fishing aspect. Thanks for making the trip each August.   

Lets just say they got a taste of my "competitive spirit" when we fished the event for the first time in 2017. They know whats expected of them. All it took was one event and they were hooked! 2018 they came back with a goal to bring home the trophy and they did! Look out, they will be back again in 2019 to defend their title!!!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, outdoor and water

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing, boat, outdoor, water and nature

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We will be there this year as well. Fish Stix will be making the run from Bald Eagle to fish with a team from last year. Looking forward to putting in for a great cause. Especially when cancer hits at home like it did for myself. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm hdg to Capts meeting now but I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the volunteer boat owners, generous individuals, and sponsors. When I have more time I will name names but WOW--35 teams!  Steph is getting pulled in 11 different directions right now but she is overwhelmed with appreciation for the outpouring. Looking forward to seeing old friends and new.   

• Like 3

What a great event ! Was humbled to be a part of it, and to fish with THE best and most professional fisherman (and fisherwomen) of the south shore. Stephanie put on a great tourney start to finish and what a great purpose to fish for ! I had a blast, even with a little typo on my name... and i'll never let that go...[emoji23]

I was lucky enough to have a 2x breast cancer SURVIVOR on my boat as team capt. At the end of the day, she had a blast and made a memory she won't ever forget, so the #'s we weighed meant nothing compared to the dollars we raised for a great cause.

Thanks again Steve and Vince, from the REEL Housewives of Orleans county!!IMG_20190817_105158_853.jpegIMG_20190817_105811_555.jpeg185845.jpeg186040.jpeg

• Like 3

Great event that is growing each year.  Thank you Steph, Vince and all those who volunteered their time to make the event the success it is.  I would also like to thank NOAA wave forecasters.......for having a sense of humor. 

See ya all next year!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NymphO said:

Noaa was only off by 3ish ft...

Glad after 3-4 days to finally have a break from the Nor' easters today. It was getting old in 11 tons of fiberglass, and you guys in the tinnys are pure hardcore. Andrew you and your team were a great addition to the Ladies tourney and your fundraising did not go unnoticed.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gill-T said:

Great event that is growing each year.  Thank you Steph, Vince and all those who volunteered their time to make the event the success it is.  I would also like to thank NOAA wave forecasters.......for having a sense of humor. 

See ya all next year!

Thanks Chad for your continued support/participation. The visitors will never believe that the wind blows anywhere but from the East/NE in Niagara county waters.

• Like 3

Glad after 3-4 days to finally have a break from the Nor' easters today. It was getting old in 11 tons of fiberglass, and you guys in the tinnys are pure hardcore. Andrew you and your team were a great addition to the Ladies tourney and your fundraising did not go unnoticed.   
Capt Vince, without sounding like a brown noser, that really means a lot coming from a seasoned pro like yourself. It was my pleasure to be involved ! I look at our box, and then look at what we were able to raise and I feel alot better about the day!

As far as being hardcore in a tinny.... You are not wrong.
  • Like 1

A little recap from the Tournament side of the event:  1st) "The reel alewives of WNY"  174.89 pts  boat volunteer Capt. Bob Cinelli

2nd) "The reel warriors"  170.88 pts  boat volunteer Capt. Pete Alex

3rd) "Reel Cranky"  166.57 pts  boat volunteer Capt Mike Johannes

4th) "Fish N Chics"  164.54 pts boat volunteer Capt Vince Pierleoni

5th) :"Nauti Nurses" 163.12 pts  boat volunteer Capt Tony Sambunjak

6th) "Skippers for Nippers" 158 pts  boat volunteer Capt Marshall Stearns

7th) "Reel Pole Dancers"  148.79 pts boat volunteer Jeff Smith

8th) "Legacy Ladies" 139.41 pts boat volunteer Capt Rob Wescott

Special thanks to the rest of the boat volunteers in no certain order: Capt Marc Bottone, David Peterson, Capt Alan Sauerland, Capt matt Yablonsky, Capt Matt Dunn, Chad Kahler, Matt Niezgoda, Tom Cosnyka, Bill Crouse, Brian Cook, Capt Frank Godina, Jeremy Goodison, Capt. Paul Nau, Nick Allers, Mike Schooley, Capt. Mark Lewandowski, Matt LeClair, Capt. Tom Pearse, John Bracken, Capt Carl Martin, Mark Keller, Capt Lou Tepas, Andrew Dissette, Nate Stephenson, Dustin Peterson, Jon Forder, Capt.Mike Diel, Capt Matt Bedient

Big shout out to sponsors/donors that I have knowledge of:  (I know the committee kicked butt and gathered lots more stuff for the basket raffle.     Again, in no certain order:  Keller technologies, L.O.T.S.A., Beamin' Sounds Entertainment, St Johns Trophies, Maxwell Station/Bob Stedman, Tents Unlimited/Marty Brummer, Bear Creek Landscaping/Jeff Zimmer, Lions Club, A-TOM-MIK, Dreamweaver, Gambler rigs, Finn Tackle Co., Team Tough Duty, Linda and Gerrit Moot, Renee and Jim Boyd, Team Chasing Chrome, Team Dutchie's Angels, Andrew Dissette,  Fish USA, and Glosser Custom Rods. I apologize if I missed anything or anyone. The participants themselves from all teams dumped lots of money into all the raffles.

Anyone interested in a complete standing list and more info please go to Reelin' for a cure on facebook.              

• Like 2