Fishing Seneca

Renting a house on Seneca for 5 days this summer near Hector. What’s the fishing like around there?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have fished that lake a few times the best I can advise for fishing from Hector would be to go south and fish around the ledge at the inlet at Watkins glen. The browns are thick down that way. Any other spots I know would be a long ride north.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Tim, my wife has a cottage in hector and there are a lot of good spots around there.  Fish the points, in my experiences i have had the best luck on the west side of the lake across from Hector trolling North. 

I am not a pro, i do my best and i have had amazing days on Seneca. But... it has been an extreme challenge as of late. For example we caught 19 fish in 6 hours the day before the derby last year... then caught four fish the whole derby.

Good luck!

Islander !

The Islander can deal with surprises. Seneca often has thunder storms moving through and with them 4 and 5 foot waves with crazy short wave periods. With an Islander you can stick the bow into the waves. With a pontoon all you can do is run for your life. Aluminum boats have the same electrical charge as the water around them and that diminishes the risk of a lightning strike on your rig.

Edited by rolmops

14 hours ago, tim said:

Thanks debating should I take Islander or pontoon

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Jigging or trolling?  Jigging and family time = pontoon