Walker downriggers mount

I am getting my boat ready for ice out and apparently still have some time before I need it finished.  I bought a couple Walker downriggers from Craigslist and am trying to find mounts for them so I can remove them when not in use, especially on the ladder side for when the kids want to go tubing.  Does anyone have walker’s and know what I can use for mounts?  

Mine came with the Walker swivel mounts that are easy to mount and remove with the knobs that are supplied. I think you can use other manufacturer’s bases with the various mounting holes. Good luck.
IMG_2023.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB, I still have the yak but my shoulders started feeling their age last year so I placed a bid on ebay and ended up with a boat lol.  Just dropped it off at the marina to have it tuned up and ready to go for spring Browns with fingers crossed

• 4 months later...
On 3/16/2019 at 9:51 AM, Jjanm77 said:

Mine came with the Walker swivel mounts that are easy to mount and remove with the knobs that are supplied. I think you can use other manufacturer’s bases with the various mounting holes. Good luck.
IMG_2023.jpg

Hi Jjanm77 I have the same dliemma as  Greenhornet73.  I bought the Walker downriggers off a friend.  It came with the swivel mounts.  So I can mount the swivel mounts to the gunwales?  This is good news as I thought that I would need to purchase and mout the deck plates and attach the swivel mounts to them.  Thsi is good new and it definitely saves me some money.  Perhaps you can just confirm that I don't need the deckplate and that I can fasten the swivel mounts directly to my boat.

I figured out a mounting system that is working well with my walkers.  I have deck plates that I mounted to my livewell doors on each side and just through bolted them on with aluminum backing plates I bought at Lowe’s for $7 each.  The downriggers are now mounted with thumbscrews to each deck plate and can be removed in seconds.  I am sure you could do the same with your swivel mounts as long as there are 4 screw holes to mount 2 permanent bolts and 2 thumbscrews for the riggers.  Definitely use backing plates because 10# of lead hanging over the transom really puts a lot of torque on thebgunwale.

7AB8E328-8526-45A9-B0D8-0CE8BC45F7BE.jpeg

C07041BD-C437-4494-83D2-7B91BA977BC5.jpeg

6D50F8DB-FACD-4C8B-9C02-0439BA134FFB.jpeg

Hi Cessna,
Yes, you’re correct that you can mount the swivel mount directly to the gunwale, like in my earlier picture. I have 3/4” plywood running the length on each side and they’ve worked great with no flexing or pullout. I moved the mount onto Cisco track mounted risers with the Walker adapter plate and this also works well. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Jeff