Two fish finders

I’m going to mount another fish finder on the back of my boat. There was a unit previously on back hooked to a thru haul transducer which the unit up front is hooked to. Do most of you guys run the fish finder off the same transducer?. I’m thinking of mounting an additional transducer on the back of boat and having two units run separately. 

Opinions please. 

What is it that you hope to be able to do / accomplish having the two fish finders? See the same view from two different places, run one GPS one fish finder, see two different sonar views? How long is the boat. What existing Hardware is in place as far as transducer switch or anything of that nature?

I have 2 lowrance hds units on my boat. One is mounted on the dash and the other is mounted near the back of the boat, connected by an ethernet cable, so that they can share waypoints and transducers. The front unit is usually on the chart screen for navigation and the rear is on the regular fish finder screen. They both have their own transducer but are set up to run off of the same transducer. The second transducer is on there as a backup in case I have an issue with the first one. I like to have backups for everything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

47 minutes ago, RD9 said:

I’m going to mount another fish finder on the back of my boat. There was a unit previously on back hooked to a thru haul transducer which the unit up front is hooked to. Do most of you guys run the fish finder off the same transducer?. I’m thinking of mounting an additional transducer on the back of boat and having two units run separately. 

Opinions please. 

Yes, same transducer. My fishfinders are linked so they can share the same info and setting adjustments.

31 minutes ago, Fishmaster 196 said:

I have 2 lowrance hds units on my boat. One is mounted on the dash and the other is mounted near the back of the boat, connected by an ethernet cable, so that they can share waypoints and transducers. The front unit is usually on the chart screen for navigation and the rear is on the regular fish finder screen. They both have their own transducer but are set up to run off of the same transducer. The second transducer is on there as a backup in case I have an issue with the first one. I like to have backups for everything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Exactly what i did. Never too much redundancy plus enhanced capability