Christensen Arms Mesa or Ridgeline

DJ 17

Anyone have any experience with this platform or a similar quality sub moa rifle at the similar price point (about $1200)? I'm looking into either the 6.5 creedmoor or the 6.5 PRC, haven't decided which yet.  I want one that can drive tacks but not weigh as much as a Prius.

If you are not dead set on a Christensen, there are other options.  One may be a Tikka Lite or Superlite.  Both could be had with custom lightweight stock (maybe even carbon stock) and be sub MOA for that price.  If you are shooting under 4-500 yards, the Creed would be fine.  Keep in mind that lighter rifles can be a little harder to shoot than heavy ones.

I've got a tikka in 7mm 08.  It shoots well.  I'm just looking for something new I guess. Was looking at Jeff Hankins ABR rifles out of Kentucky as well.

I picked up a 6.5 Creedmoor Mesa for my son at Christmas.  5/8" groups at 162 yards with the Winchester Accubond LRs.  Tried the Hornady Precision Hunters also and the Winchesters were just slightly better.Haven't messed with any handloads yet.  Nice hunting rifle for sure. 

Edited by Miss em

3 hours ago, Miss em said:

I picked up a 6.5 Creedmoor Mesa for my son at Christmas.  5/8" groups at 162 yards with the Winchester Accubond LRs.  Tried the Hornady Precision Hunters also and the Winchesters were just slightly better.Haven't messed with any handloads yet.  Nice hunting rifle for sure. 

Glad to hear it is a shooter.  If you don't mind me asking, did you look into any other rifles?  Looking at all possible options. Also, did you consider the mesa long range?  If I pull the trigger on this it will be more of a dedicated long range rig for targets or from a blind, not something I need to hike around with.

I didn't look at much more, but knew I was going with the 6.5. There is a really good recent review on Youtube for the Mesa. My daughter's 6.5 is a Model 7 with a Hart Barrel on it. Another wicked shooter. Both that one and the Mesa have pretty light contour barrels. Need to be patient and let it cool a bit if you are shooting for groups on both. First two usually touch, third shot is a "flyer" lol. Long Range Mesa is probably going to be good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...