Cam to downriggers

Maybe wrong place to post this q, but I'm looking for underwater cam I can attatch to my downrigger. What kind of cam do you recomand? It must be easy to use since I'm an dummy OF FIRST CLASS.

I've got two Scotty 1116 Downriggers, and I use em down to 140 feet

I've altso told that you need a walker downrigger. So I have to buy one IF I want the StrikeVision system on my boat.

But I'm very intr in hearing your experience with it. Color vs black white. Walker vs Scotty and so on

Can't give you any info on the camera but I wouldn't take those Scottys off your boat.

Can't give you any info on the camera but I wouldn't take those Scottys off your boat.

I can place 4 riggs on my boat, so I've got space for both. The Scotty rigs will be at the boat until I buy new scotty's :)

Spoke to some finnish and norwegian trollers who have used the StrikeVision system, and they both recomand the black/white type, because the brightnes there was better than the color cam. You guys can be glad you live in the US, the prices on equipment here is horrible high...

• 1 month later...

I have run strike visions for 7 or so years . They work great , the color ones just show green after 30 feet so the lack and whites are just as good . I wouldn`t fish without one . If not for waht you learn watching them . There is alot of entertainment value to it as well .I have watched salmon , lake trout , halibut , seals ,crab on the bottom . All sorts of things bite and chase .I fish in Alaska and the Yukon so lots of oppurtunity to fish . It`s best if the water is clean where you fish as well . If you would like any other info just contact me .